Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: new Porcupine Tree album

new Porcupine Tree album
November 01, 2021 08:48AM
In nearly every interview, Steven Wilson is asked whether or not Porcupine Tree will ever get back together. And his answer is usually the same: not likely, but never say never. So I was genuinely surprised to see news of a new PT album next year.

Details.

I know, I know - it's a tale as old as time. Band says they're probably never getting back together, then do. But considering how well Wilson's solo career has been going, there was no need to do it to shore up the retirement account or anything. Of course, the music on this record was begun right after what we thought was their final album back in 2009, so it's not exactly new. But they're gonna tour it and everything, so even if this doesn't last beyond this one album (and the title, Closure/Continuation, hints it might not), they're putting everything into it, so they're not treating this music as mere scraps. The new single certainly isn't.
zoo
November 02, 2021 09:17PM
I received an email about this the other day. Very exciting news! Any clue who's paying bass? Colin Edwin is not in the picture and there's no mention in the article.
November 02, 2021 10:28PM
My guess would be Nick Beggs from Wilson’s solo band (and Kajagoogoo, of course). Or maybe Gavin Harrison will talk his King Crimson bandmate Tony Levin into doing it. Or it could be someone new.

I don’t know why Edwin isn’t participating. I did read an interview recently where he talks about his children - maybe he didn’t want to commit to a tour. I’m sure the answers will come out at some point.
zoo
November 03, 2021 10:10AM
You're talking about the tour. I would expect he's out on that. But I'm wondering if played on the album?
November 03, 2021 10:31AM
If this is music developed right after The Incident, I would assume so. We shall see.
November 02, 2021 10:28PM
My guess would be Nick Beggs from Wilson’s solo band (and Kajagoogoo, of course). Or maybe Gavin Harrison will talk his King Crimson bandmate Tony Levin into doing it. Or it could be someone new.

I don’t know why Edwin isn’t participating. I did read an interview recently where he talks about his children - maybe he didn’t want to commit to a tour. I’m sure the answers will come out at some point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login