Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Music reviews by the incoming Secretary of State

Music reviews by the incoming Secretary of State
November 23, 2020 03:53PM
Antony Blinken (ablinken on Spotify) reviewing the first Marshall Crenshaw record.

[www.thecrimson.com]
November 23, 2020 10:04PM
I like the way this administration is going already!
Reply Quote
Bip
November 24, 2020 12:15PM
Once the transition commences, they’ll be able to get their hands on Jared Kushner’s review of “cat scratch fever”.
November 24, 2020 03:40PM
Ha!
November 24, 2020 03:46PM
In honor of our new vice president, who is of Carib and Indian background, we must all dig "chutney" music, a Carib style that's kind of Bollywood-goes-calypso. It was created by people of Indian descent that live in the Caribbean. I think you all will recognize this song - its original English-language version was covered by a legendary TP artist:
[sonichits.com]
November 24, 2020 03:09PM
I heard Blinken give an interview in French yesterday. Absolutely fluent, with barely an accent (Kerry spoke pretty well, but obviously as a second language). It's nice that there are again going to be some educated and worldly folks representing the U.S. internationally. To be fair, the rank and file State Department folks remained extremely professional through the whole four-year ordeal.
ira
November 24, 2020 08:07PM
i am glad he's a rock fan, but i hope he's a better politician than he is a rock critic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login