Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How the Normals View Things

How the Normals View Things
September 15, 2006 12:57PM
I saw the following in the latest issue of the USA Weekend magazine supplement of my local paper:

Q: Can you tell me how the Northwest rock band Death Cab for Cutie got its unusual name?

A: Death Cab for Cutie was a song written by Vivian Stanshall in the 1960s. It was performed by the British comedy group the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. The song is about "Cutie", a girl who goes out on the town for a good time, despite her boyfriend's wishes. Before the song's end, however, Cutie dies while riding in a cab that runs a red light.

Reading this was like reading an English translation of a Japanese auto and/or gadget instruction manual.

Re: How the Normals View Things
September 15, 2006 06:09PM
Ha ha, good post! Wish they'd call him "Viv" - everyone's gonna think he's a she. Which isn't such a bad thing, I guess...

Could never get over the disappointment of Death Cab for Cutie not sounded remotely as kooky as the Bonzos - as a result I never really gave 'em a fair listen...
Re: How the Normals View Things
September 16, 2006 12:36AM
Thank you, Mr. Fab for being......Fab

Well, the facts are 100% correct, but the way it was written was very deadpan, with the emphasis on "dead"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login