Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some Velvet Moment

Some Velvet Moment
January 07, 2018 03:26PM
CHeckin out an old Love Boat episode on my PC at the Starbucks that starred Andy Warhol and - what do you know - the Starbucks plays VU's Sunday Morning.
Talk about synchronicity. Heh! Yeah, it's gonna be a good year!
BCE
January 07, 2018 08:03PM
Got ya beat -- in process of downloading the new Simple Minds track while the TV in the background has a commercial featuring a horrid cover of '(Don't You) Forget About Me.' Though I can take some comfort in the fact that it's technically not their song and really never was.
January 07, 2018 09:38PM
I'd love to hear "European Son," "Sister Ray" (especially the even longer live versions), "Heroin" or "I Heard Her Call My Name" at Starbucks! But it will never happen, and if it did it will probably mean the total co-option of any kind of counterculture. (I felt that way when I heard songs from RAW POWER in TV commercials, but Iggy has complained about his difficulty making a living off music in recent years, so I know he needed the money.)
January 08, 2018 07:08PM
> Iggy has complained about his difficulty making a living off music in recent years ...

In at least one interview, Iggy stated that at least part of his motivation to reconvene The Stooges was to benefit his former bandmates. He acknowledged that, whatever money troubles he might have seen over the years, he still had done way better than the Asheton brothers or Steve Mackay ... and he knew he'd never have succeeded to the degree he had, if not for the coolness factor that accrued to him via The Stooges. So he wanted to make sure that Steve, Ron and Scott's retirement funds were well set up. Too bad it ended up being more for funeral arrangements.

January 08, 2018 08:04PM
Warhol was on "The Love Boat"..? Oh man, tell that was a Charo episode! We may have a rival to the Standells on "The Munsters."
January 08, 2018 08:32PM
I admit a ridiculous fondness for that show as well as the stupid Fantasy Island. Pretty sure they both aired the same nights back in the day. Fortunately for me I had found other things to do with my Saturday nights in high school thus I missed this episode. The show had turned to pure silliness in it's final years, as do most shows. Pretty sure Jack Jones was not even singing the theme song the last few dismal seasons. I still belt a few bars of that Paul Williams (Little Enos to you S and the B fans) classic, aka Bill Murrays's lounge singer version from SNL.
January 09, 2018 01:39AM
Here tis.

Andy Warhol and the VU performing on The Love Boat. I mean Andy Warhol on The Love Boat.

[www.youtube.com]

Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login