Pete Rock
Tribe
Missy
Geto Boys
Gang Starr
Nas
Pharycyde
Biggie

Sometimes the little teenage black version of me creeps out at unexpected times.

Happy Thanksgiving, TP'ers!

Post Edited (11-23-11 20:33)
Re: night before Thanksgiving
November 24, 2011 02:11AM
I'm listening to the Arm of Roger album, which Grandaddy supposedly recorded after getting themselves worked up about how unsupportive their label was but were then horrified when the label appeared to be willing to put it out and had to say "Wait! Stop!!!!" before the label proceeded any further.
November 24, 2011 04:41AM
The Flatmates - Love And Death (The Flat<e>mates 86-89)
The Barnshakers - A Honky Tonk Session With ...
Julian Cope - droolian
Bob Dorough - Sunday At Iridium
Flat Duo Jets - Go Go Harlem Baby
November 24, 2011 01:35PM
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning (so I can finish up the long-promised Porcupine Tree entry for TP)

Antietam - Tenth Life

Unfortunately, now that it's actually T-day, I doubt I'll listen to much of anything.
November 24, 2011 05:06PM
Thank U Alanis Morissette

Thank You (Led Zeppelin) Tori Amos

Thank You For Hearing Me Sinéad O'Connor

Thanks To You Emmylou Harris

and the best titled song on the Thanksgiving theme:

Greetings from the Longest Weekend (Of Trying So Hard to Stay Thankful) Smart Brown Handbag
November 24, 2011 07:29PM
Working through the 100-CD Classic Jazz box set (picked up at Half Price for only $50 + tax. Thank goodness for markdowns + coupons), will hopefully get through it all by Christmas.

The gf & I are gonna be listening to Flying Saucer Attack & Six Organs Of Admittance before the TG festivities begin.
November 25, 2011 02:53AM
Was going to a party, so I made a mix list on iTunes: 7 hours long, since I filled it without checking.

Decided I was too tired to go, so now I'm listening to it. Not bad at all. Starts with some Black Dynamite soundtrack stuff and ends with the long version of "Sweet Jane".
November 25, 2011 03:44AM
After Turkey Day dinner, we bought our daughter's Christmas present - a pink drum kit!
November 25, 2011 04:14PM
The day after Thanksgiving is probably the day where I am most discouraged by the human race. We need a fucking reset as a civilization.
November 26, 2011 04:52PM
My personal Black Friday ritual is to hole up at home and watch the Lords of the Rings trilogy. Though we did end up going to Target early in the morning (for something practical, not gift shopping) and I was surprised by how light the shopping traffic was. I think more people are shopping online these days.

Then again, there's also this.

Re: night after Thanksgiving
November 29, 2011 03:54PM
Spent Black Friday night at a Buffalo Tom 25th anniversary celebration (a prototypically Boston thing to do). Guest stars included some Flight Of The Concords (sp?) dude who did some weak comedy, J Mascis who joined the gang for a bunch of tunes, Ted Leo who did a solo electric set to open, and Tanya Donnely of Belly. Buffalo Tom is a samey, limited band but I think they really put out a classic with 1993's Let Me Come Over. TP guide gives it no love, alas. Excellent show.
November 28, 2011 12:57AM
The night before Thanksgiving, I ended up covering a shift at the radio station for a fellow DJ. I decided it was a good night to do that all-Eighties covers show I've talked about lately.

"Turning Japanese" - The Hazies
"Come On Eileen" - Save Ferris
"The Ghost in You" - Counting Crows
"Town Called Malice" - McFly
"Train in Vain" - Third Eye Blind

"Burning Down the House" - Bonnie Raitt
"The Lovecats" - The Hot Rats
"Enjoy the Silence" - Nada Surf
"Blue" - The Auto-No
"Earn Enough for Us" - Freedy Johnston
"Hungry Like the Wolf" - Reel Big Fish

"99 Red Balloons" - Goldfinger
"Hounds of Love" - The Futureheads
"Sexual Healing" - Soul Asylum

"Kids in America" - The Muffs
"Tainted Love" - Imelda May
"Ashes to Ashes" - Tears for Fears
"So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) - Grant Lee Phillips
"Raspberry Beret" - The Hindu Love Gods

"Romeo and Juliet" - The Killers
"Careless Whisper" - Gossip
"Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" - The Postal Service

"Better Things" - Fountains of Wayne
"There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" - Dum Dum Girls
"Man Called Uncle" - The Deathray Davies
"Personal Jesus" - Johnny Cash
"Take On Me" - Reel Big Fish

November 28, 2011 02:01AM
I watched every episode of Community over the weekend. Might be the greatest thing ever, esp. this sequence, which might work out of context.
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login