Corgan, Tork and Carrere! Together at last!
July 22, 2011 06:18PM
Billy Corgan is going to be signing autographs at a Chicago comic convention.

[www.wizardworld.com]

Guess he figured, "What the hell. I'll go sit at a table out by the airport for a couple of hours." And maybe it's always been his dream to share a bill with Peter Tork and Tia Carrere.
zoo
Re: Corgan, Tork and Carrere! Together at last!
July 25, 2011 11:35AM
I feel a new thread coming: Who is the greatest Monk...oh never mind.
July 25, 2011 01:00PM
Gary Burger is the greatest Monk. After Brother William of Baskerville, of course.
zoo
July 25, 2011 01:30PM
I concur. William of Baskerville owns all other monks, including that sissy Rasputin.

One of my absolute favorite books, BTW.
July 25, 2011 03:30PM
"Laughter is a devilish wind which deforms the lineaments of the face and makes men look like monkeys!"

One of the few books I've ever owned that literally fell apart from wear and tear.

I recently picked up a copy of Eco's "The Infinity of Lists" in hardback at our local Borders, which was closing up its doors forever. Got it for a song.

The soon-to-be-unemployed minions were defacing the books with Sharpies to reflect the slash-and-burn nature of the liquidation, but the kid behind the counter couldn't bring himself to mark upon Eco's lovely tome. He let me pass without marring my purchase.

Good for him.
July 25, 2011 09:01PM
I think he's there to meet Charisma Carpenter. If my friend Sterling was going to be there, I might join him just for the chance, myself.
July 25, 2011 09:49PM
I knew a guy who was a charisma carpenter (before he became a dog whisperer).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login