Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: whatever happened to The Surf Punks?

does anyone know what Drew Steele and Dennis Dragon from The Surf Punks are up to these days??
November 17, 2005 05:43AM
Drew lives in Hawaii, Dennis in Santa Barbara, I live in San Diego.

Heres what I'm up to now. [www.TONYCREED.com]
November 17, 2005 07:05AM
where does toni tennille live?
November 17, 2005 02:10PM
That wasn't very nice, Rokkr.

According to the web (an amazing source of information), Toni Tennille and her behatted husband are still together, and live near Lake Tahoe. Her most recent albums have been "classic standards." She still performs pretty regularly, whether with her hubby or with a '40s-style big band.

BTW, Satch, did you ask that question because Dennis Dragon is Toni's brother-in-law?

Post Edited (11-18-05 14:36)
November 18, 2005 02:33PM
the surf punks were in Urrrrrrgggg!!! A Music War...........................or did I drink too much cough syrup that weekend.
November 18, 2005 04:54PM
The Surf Punks did appear in *Urgh!* That doesn't prove, however, that madis didn't overdo the cough syrup that weekend. (Just teasing.)

Post Edited (11-18-05 14:37)
November 19, 2005 01:38PM
I believe that "Val" is short for "Valley Girl", a term which was popular in the early '80s. A "Valley Girl" was a teenage girl from the San Fernando Valley area of LA whose life revolved around the shopping mall. Frank Zappa's only top 40 hit was a ditty called "Valley Girl", featuring his daughter Moon Unit. Listen to it and you'll understand the concept.

November 19, 2005 10:42PM
Diskojoe, a VAL was more often a term use to address male surfers who invaded Malibu's beaches attempting to surf.
November 21, 2005 12:56PM
Sorry about that Hulk. Being born, raised & residing in the Witch City all my life, I just assumed that Val meant Valley Girl. As all you Odd Couple fans know, you know what happens when you assume.

November 17, 2005 09:42AM
In hell if there's any justice.

Post Edited (11-17-05 05:43)
November 18, 2005 04:18PM
Rokky, are/were you a "Val."

Post Edited (11-18-05 12:18)
November 19, 2005 04:08AM
WTF is a "Val"?
November 19, 2005 10:39PM
A "VAL" is someone from the "San Fernando Valley." We made fun of surfers/people from there. I though your comment was perhaps based in part on us hurting your feelings.
November 21, 2005 01:36AM
I remember seeing the Surf Punks (always wondered why they weren't covered in TP) and D. Dragon admitted he was a Val - he grew up in Studio City. As I proud Val, I felt vindicated!
November 21, 2005 04:09AM
I get the reference once explained. I just had never heard or seen the term. Being from the east coast probably has something to do with it.

As for hurting my feelings, that's reserved for people who actually know me. People with thin skins and the internet don't mix well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login