Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rattus Norvegicus

Rattus Norvegicus
February 03, 2011 04:57PM
Hugh Cornwell is performing the Stranglers' Rattus Norvegicus album on his upcoming tour.

[www.hughcornwell.com]
zoo
February 03, 2011 05:54PM
Too bad he's not playing The Raven...not that he's coming anywhere near where I live.
February 04, 2011 05:19PM
I feel fortunate he's playing Austin...but it's a tiny bar that usually charges no cover. (I saw the Batusis - Sylvain Sylvain and Cheetah Chrome - there for nada a couple of months ago.)

Of course, he gave his last studio album away over the internet. Apparently making money from his music is not toppermost on his mind.
February 04, 2011 12:26PM
Too bad he snubbed Philly. Thanks a lot, Hugh.
February 04, 2011 01:20PM
I'm sure a lot of British acts figure that a tour of North America need not be any longer than a tour of the UK. No need to be away from the comforts of home for so long ... especially to play gigs in cities where they aren't already accepted, and take the risk of a financial loss.

February 04, 2011 04:30PM
Wow - playing a tiny little place in Portland; I guess I'll hafta go.
February 04, 2011 08:05PM
Hey Hoip! I didn't know you were from Philly. I had a cheesesteak in Larry Fine's boyhood home there once, then headed to the Mutter Museum.

I feel kind of bad that I drove right past Independence Hall without stopping to get to Larry's house, but a guy has got to have his priorities.
February 04, 2011 09:36PM
Yep, Bren, Philly born, but Main Line raised. Let me know next time you're in, I'll give you a tour!
February 04, 2011 11:13PM
There are a bunch of Stranglers songs I just can't stand as I get older. But the following are NOT among those, because they kick holy ass:
- Straighten Out
- Hanging Around
- Dagenham Dave
- Peasant in the Big Shitty
February 05, 2011 04:19AM
great topic for any punk rocker. this one takes me back to my little bro "leo" who currently lives in st charles MO (moo! & works in RADIO-oldies i think).

sometimes i wonder if breno knows him?

anyway, i had like 8,000 records once. and my brother 'leo' (previously reefernced (HA!) snagged just two Lp's. one I remember. "No More Heroes" and uh...the other was, THE SAINTS (for Aitch).

proof that punks are born not made.

Post Edited (02-05-11 00:21)
February 07, 2011 03:37AM
k something or other. and now that yall are reminding me of it, he recently lost a most sexiest beach body bikini contest then as insult HAD to cut his hair.

i love my brother 'leo' in STL

Post Edited (02-06-11 23:42)
February 05, 2011 12:39PM
Hey Steve - what station does your brother work for?
February 06, 2011 09:53PM
Peasant in the Big Shitty's a bonus track (live) on the reissued Rattus. He may play it.
I notice in the UK, he toured with his current solo as one set and Rasttus as the second set.
He's playing near me but those songs would seem to lose something without JJB.
February 07, 2011 12:53AM
They're playing the Red Devil Lounge in SF in March. The calendar gave the lineup as Hugh, Clem Burke on drums,...and "Fish" on bass/vocals.
And this is probably a lame question but I still have to ask: this isn't the same "Fish" that used to be with prog-outfit Marillion, is it?
February 07, 2011 03:07AM
Nope, judging by this pic from Hugh's web site, it's a different Fish.

February 07, 2011 10:25AM
Damn. I'd go just to see Clem Burke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login