Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another Poll

Another Poll
February 24, 2008 07:40PM
Inspired by the long-ago "When the Non-punks went punk" thread on this board. What was the best album inspired by punk/post-punk by an artist who was not previously (or necessarily ever) considered a punk/post-punk?

[www.yourfreepoll.com]
February 24, 2008 08:05PM
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Glass Houses - Billy Joel
Licensed To Ill - Beastie Boys
February 25, 2008 12:33PM
I...I can't decide...my mind froze up because of all the great records on that list...
February 25, 2008 02:19PM
I went with Empty Glass, but only because I've been listening to that recently, and -- besides the fact that I wish he'd more of a powerhouse of a drummer on some songs -- it holds up really well as a response/criticism/embrace.
February 25, 2008 03:06PM
I voted for Discipline, using the very unscientific approach of which album is my favorite of the ones on that list. (And a tough choice it was!)
February 26, 2008 02:44AM
Wot, no Linda Ronstadt's "Mad Love"? ^_^
(Then again, it DID have not one, but THREE Costello covers on it).
February 26, 2008 02:52PM
The split Fripp vote lost us Florida last time, remember?
February 26, 2008 02:53PM
We've had to suffer through the Steve Howe administration ever since.
February 26, 2008 03:15PM
Ah yes, the GTR/ELP days. It was touch and go there while the heart ruled the mind.
February 26, 2008 02:05PM
Maybe we should add all of the Robert Fripp votes together - he's responsible for Discipline, Sacred Songs, Exposure and III.
February 26, 2008 02:15PM
He's also a major presence on Scary Monsters. There definitely may be an element of the Fripp vote being split.
February 26, 2008 11:22PM
Glam rockers Supernaut transforming themselves in The Nauts come to mind
February 26, 2008 11:41PM
Poor Clues. It's chalking up a zilch. But I love that album. Well, actually I love "Looking for Clues," "Johnny and Mary" and "Woke Up Laughing." The rest of the album is only okay. But those three songs are as good as any ever recorded aboard a bandwagon. Damn fine stuff.
February 27, 2008 12:32AM
Oh yeah. "Looking For Clues" is a fantastic pop song -- one of my favorites. Nice xylophone solo by Chris Frantz. Not sure if Robert Palmer was actually using the New Wave/Post Punk as inspiration or just jumping on a bandwagon, though.

Well, who cares if it produces something as good as "Clues"?

Cue Palmer dancing around on a toy xylophone in a sleeveless new-wavey white shirt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login