Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did You Miss Bowie's Real Teeth Too? Someone Did Something About It.

Did You Miss Bowie's Real Teeth Too? Someone Did Something About It.
June 09, 2020 08:43AM
I have to say that I found it heartening that David Bowie, so image conscious an artist, let his natural snaggleteeth alone for so long. Here's the story of an artist who has sculpted a portrait of the teeth that were relegated to the dumpster once he married Iman in the early 90s. A sad day for one of the few authentic signifiers for this man who was constantly changing his "look" for artistic reasons. I guess such compromise came with marrying a supermodel; hardly an original thing for a rock star to do, needless to say! And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Bowie had some plastic surgery in the end years due to her as well. It sure looked it.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2020 11:26AM by Post-Punk Monk.
zoo
Re: Did You Miss Bowie's Real Teeth Too? Someone Did Something About It.
June 09, 2020 12:54PM
I was in Scotland for a work trip in 2005 or so. I watched a show on TV about celebrities who had bad teeth and got them fixed. Not sure why I sat through 30 mins of that, but I did. I think I had it on while I was ironing clothes or something. Anyway, other than Bowie, I can't remember any of the other celebrities highlighted on the show. Nor do I remember any of the pejorative terms the show's narrator used to describe "someone with bad teeth." I wish I could remember because a few were kinda funny, I must admit.

Monk, I wouldn't be too harsh on Bowie for wanting to fix his teeth. For years I thought it was only cosmetic. It wasn't until my kids visited the orthodontist a few years ago that I learned about the additional health benefits.
Bip
June 09, 2020 09:09PM
Must have been fairly important to him personally, because by the time he had them done he already pretty much could’ve bedded anyone he damn well pleased.

Even joe strummer has his teeth fixed. Maybe this sculptor is looking for another set of discarded chompers to immortalize?
June 09, 2020 09:18PM
Shane McGowan, anyone?

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
June 10, 2020 10:53PM
June 11, 2020 11:04AM
Andy Partridge would fit into this list.

Come to think of it, so would that most Anglophilic of American musicians, Todd Rundgren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 05:39PM by Delvin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login