Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Damned tour dates

Damned tour dates
February 28, 2024 09:28PM
Reuniting the Black Album lineup -- Dave Vanian, Captain Sensible, Rat Scabies and Paul Gray.

27 May – Danforth Music Hall, Toronto
29 May – Big Night Live, Boston
30 May – Wall Street Theater, Norwalk CT
02 June – Concord Music Hall, Chicago
04 June – Gothic Theatre, Denver
06 June – Regency Ballroom, San Francisco
08 June – No Values 2024, Pomona CA
13 June – The Showbox, Seattle
14 June – Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver BC
15 June – Revolution Hall, Portland
February 28, 2024 10:34PM
Of course not coming to St. Louis. I see that the opener - in Chicago at least - is the Dictators.
February 28, 2024 10:45PM
The Avengers are opening the Seattle show (and probably the other West Coast dates as well). The current lineup includes Penelope Houston and Greg Ingraham, plus bassist Joel Reader (from the Mr T Experience) and drummer Luis Illades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2024 11:03PM by Delvin.
February 29, 2024 12:27AM
Man, they just toured the East coast last fall (minus Rat). Is Monty on this tour? The one in the fall, they played their new album in its entirety and a few of the 'hits'

They did a few dates on the west coast early last year and the Dictators opened for them. That's a good bill
February 29, 2024 02:07AM
21 March - Enmore Theatre, Sydney.
I'll be there. Hopefully it's good. Last time I saw them was in '86 and they were a bit ordinary.
Reply Quote
February 29, 2024 01:02PM
I saw them probably 5 or 6 years ago with the Rat-less lineup (probably no Paul Grey either, though I don't remember) and it was pretty great. Oddly, I am likely to be in England when the Damned are in Portland, so I will probably miss this show. Woulda been fun to see this lineup and to see the Avengers. Oh well....
February 29, 2024 06:41PM
I saw The Damned in Denver in 2001 or 2002. (That sentence could be taken out of context so well.) They on the Grave Disorder Tour, with Patricia, Monty and Pinch in the lineup along with Dave and the good Captain. That was a terrific show! A good friend of mine came along, although he wasn't familiar with their music. At one point, Dave announced that their next song was from The Young Ones. Without thinking, I yelled out, "Video Nasty!" Dave turned and pointed in my general direction and said, "Yes! Good show, mate." My friend looked at me, seemingly a bit taken aback that I knew their music that well.

The second time I saw the band was not too long after I moved to Seattle. Stu West was in the lineup by then, Patricia having stepped out to settle into a life of domesticity. This was the tour where both Dave and the Captain were sporting injuries: Dave with his arm in a sling, the Captain sitting on a giant toilet during the show. Beyond those details, that show didn't leave much of an impression on me.
February 29, 2024 07:14PM
I saw them on the Grave Disorder tour as well, and I concur: the show was a blast, far beyond my expectations. (Apparently the Captain ended the show by dropping trou and running across the stage with the little Captain on full display, but I was in the back of the crowd and couldn't see that far down...thankfully.) I saw them again a few years later (as you note, with Stu West in place of Ms. Vanian) do Damned Damned Damned in full at Fun Fun Fest. (Fun fact: Cannibal Corpse played right before them.) That was a fun one too. Both times I was impressed at how much these old dogs still seemed to really enjoy playing together.
Reply Quote
February 29, 2024 11:28PM
> Both times I was impressed at how much these old dogs
> still seemed to really enjoy playing together.

Well, I'll be glad to report back here, as to whether they're still enjoying it, after I see the old dogs on June 13th!
Reply Quote
March 04, 2024 11:40AM
They just added NYC 5/31. The Dictators and Lenny Kaye playing Nuggets. The day after Madness and at the same place. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Hope the wife agrees.
March 21, 2024 05:17PM
It was great fun, as long as you're not too precious about front of house, but that could have been the venue. The set was pretty Strawberries/Black Album-heavy which was fine by me. Great to see that line-up. I thought Paul Gray held the whole thing together at times when it looked like it was going to fall over in a sea of feedback.
Setlist:
Ignite
Wait For The Blackout
History of The World
Gun Fury
Melody Lee
Generals
Stranger on the Town
Plan 9 Channel 7
Dr Jekyll
Life Goes On
Beware of the Clown
Eloise
Shadow of Love
Dozen Girls
Fan Club
Invisible Man
Noise Noise Noise
Love Song
Second Time Around
Neat Neat Neat
Smash it Up 1 & 2

Encore 1
Curtain Call
New Rose

Encore 2
Looking at You

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2024 06:41PM by Aitch.
Reply Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login