Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seeing Stars at the Hollywood Stars

Seeing Stars at the Hollywood Stars
December 18, 2023 06:46PM
Last Sat night, I went to see the 50th anniversary show of The Hollywood Stars, a trashy glam band that was part of Kim Fowley's empire. They may not have made a big splash like the Runaways, but they did have some of their songs covered by the likes of Alice Cooper and Kiss. Fun, high-energy, show. But at one point, they introduced a fellow sitting in a corner booth as a member of the Standells! Right when I was walking past him. One of the guitarists threw in the "Dirty Water" riff for a moment. Sorry, couldn't remember his name, I was just so flabbergasted and star-struck to run into a Standell in, of all places, a little bar in the San Fernando Valley that's in a shopping center mini-mall. Alas, all I could manage was a lame thumbs-up, and got a head-nod in return. The loud music commenced, so no...I could not ask him about The Munsters...(hangs head in shame)

Anyway, The H Stars were in top form, and even have a new album coming out. A former member of The Motels and Tom Petty's band is a new member, but otherwise, it appears to be most of the orig geezers themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2023 02:37AM by MrFab.
Reply Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login