Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

R.I.P. Jet Black

R.I.P. Jet Black
December 08, 2022 09:22PM
Drummer for the Stranglers. He was 84!
Re: R.I.P. Jet Black
December 09, 2022 12:56PM
He sure was an…Old Codger! Unfortunately, I never got to see The Stranglers. A glance at setlist.fm revealed my suspicions: never a show in the Southeast US, much less Florida where I lived. I count my lucky stars that I got to see Hugh Cornwell once a decade ago in Charlotte! Mr. Duffy sure ran things and made it happen for The Stranglers. Their taskmaster. Every band needs one.
December 09, 2022 07:32PM
I got to see Hugh Cornwell a few years ago when he was doing the complete No More Heroes tour. His drummer on that jaunt was Clem Burke, who was a very acceptable substitute for Jet.
December 10, 2022 11:59AM
I saw Hugh Cornwell with Clem Burke as well. Cornwell was doing a dual headliner tour with Glen Matlock; both of them were using the same rhythm section -- Burke, and a bassist whose name escapes me. (I seem to recall his surname being Fishman.) That was my first Seattle show, in 2012.

Rest in peace, Jet. You gave us a lot of great music, and had a longer haul than most rockers.
December 09, 2022 05:07PM
As it's been the past few years, the EOY requiem installment of my show is practically writing itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login