Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the Quietus' top 100 albums of 2022

the Quietus' top 100 albums of 2022
December 01, 2022 11:41AM
It's that time of the year again, so the Quietus has released its list of their 100 favorite albums of 2022: [thequietus.com]. Until the Wire puts out its year-end list, this is the most adventurous one you're likely to find from an outlet online.
Bip
Re: the Quietus' top 100 albums of 2022
December 06, 2022 10:16PM
I absolutely love year-end lists, and this one’s a doozy. Anyone who tells me they’re fully familiar with the majority of these artists has pants that are on fire.

Lots to explore here—!
Reply Quote
BCE
December 08, 2022 08:36AM
Considering how well-represented classical/jazz/ambient, etc. are (probably the most of any best-of's), I'm a little bummed they couldn't find a space for The Comet Is Coming's "Hyper-Dimensional Expansion Beam." They could swapped British Sea Power (yes, I still call them that) for The Comet Is Coming.

No country? Charley Crockett, who's tailing Sturgill Simpson as the go-to for people who think they don't like country music, released *two* best-of worthy albums in 2022 - I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Auerbach from Black Keys goes producer duties for him on stuff in the future.
Reply Quote
December 08, 2022 11:43AM
Considering how popular country music is, the media tends to ignore it. The fact that the Quietus is based in the UK probably contributed to that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login