Advanced

Re: new Everything But the Girl album

new Everything But the Girl album
November 08, 2022 02:24PM
Out next spring.

Details. (Such as they are.)
November 08, 2022 03:25PM
Tracey Thorn's RECORD was excellent. I hope they can retain that same energy back together.
November 08, 2022 05:23PM
Both of them have been making great solo records in the last few years. If they bring all of their recent ideas together, I bet it'll be something special.
Reply Quote
BCE
January 11, 2023 04:51PM
I hasten to add she's got one of my favorite covers of Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas."
Bip
November 09, 2022 10:57AM
Nice. That Weather Station album that came out a couple years back to good reviews kinda reminded me of EBTG.

I’m definitely interested to hear what Ben and Tracey come up with!
January 10, 2023 08:48PM
New EBTG single out now: [pitchfork.com]
January 11, 2023 12:59PM
The new single is excellent. They've retained the drum'n'bass influence on WALKING WOUNDED, but it sounds more up-to-date. Those booming, slightly tuned 808s even seem inspired by UK drill music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2023 12:59PM by steevee.
January 11, 2023 03:03PM
It feels like they picked up where Temperamental would have left off if it had been made five years ago. So maybe picking up where RECORD left off? Strong melody, cool groove and atmosphere, and Ms. Thorn sounds great.

Ben Watt's solo music was big for me during the height of the pandemic (particularly Storm Damage), which led me to EBTG's Amplified Heart (which has now become one of my all-time favorite records), which then led to a deeper dive into their catalog, and now I'm a diehard fan. I tend to prefer their more organic music, but I also rate Temperamental very highly. So I'm really looking forward to Fuse.
Reply Quote
January 11, 2023 03:55PM
I love RECORD, but it's the only solo Thorn album I've heard. (Although it's her 8th album, it felt like the first one to make any impact in the U.S.) Which other ones would you recommend?
Reply Quote
BCE
January 11, 2023 04:53PM
2012's Tinsel and Lights
January 11, 2023 04:55PM
That is a beautiful record. One of the songs is on my "Christmas Indie for Jews" Spotify playlist.
Reply Quote
January 10, 2023 09:26PM
Blu-Ray 5.1 mix + CD in a 2 disc bundle at superdeluxeedition.com. Not pricey @ £20.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login