BCE
Julee Cruise RIP
June 10, 2022 07:59AM
"She also toured as a member of the B-52’s during the 1990s, and other guest appearances include singing alongside Pharrell Williams on the track Class System by hip-hop duo Handsome Boy Modeling School."

[www.theguardian.com]
Re: Julee Cruise RIP
June 10, 2022 08:56AM
I'm deeply saddened to learn of this. R.I.P.
June 10, 2022 12:01PM
I played the heck out of "Floating Into the Night." It was my favorite album of 1989 and I bought it as soon as it came out since I was a fan from the "Blue Velvet" OST and couldn't believe there was finally more to hear. Then the "Twin Peaks" thing blew up 5-6 months later and it was cool seeing her get recognition. Strangely enough, I never got her other albums. Just the stuff from '86-'92. I should rectify that. Never bit on her B-52's tours as I had little interest without Cindy Wilson onstage. Plus "Good Stuff" was anything but from the singles I heard.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
June 10, 2022 12:07PM
Oh noooo! What a bummer.

Like Monk said, “Floating” was def one of my fave albums of that year. I actually finally sought out her latest album just earlier this year. Thought I’d finally explore her work beyond the David Lynch stuff.
She wasn’t very prolific, so it’s easy to get caught up on her oeuvre.
June 10, 2022 02:35PM
"Rockin' Back Inside My Heart" was so good. And she fit the Lynchian aesthetic perfectly.
June 19, 2022 09:44AM
Johnny Jewel put out a few records on Italians do it Better back when the Chromatics did the third season of Twin Peaks with Julee recordings. There is still some Cream vinyl of the demos for Floating, Falling and The World Spins. All are more ethereal and ambient than the final products that we have all know and love. Three Demos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login