Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RIP Klaus Schulze

RIP Klaus Schulze
May 17, 2022 09:09AM
The great Klaus Schulze died in late April. He was an essential figure in the Berlin School of Krautrock, and I wanted to acknowledge the loss of this musical titan on our forum. I believe that he was definitely a TP type of artist, and he leaves behind him a remarkable body of work.

[www.nme.com]
May 17, 2022 10:41AM
IRRLICHT is amazing, one of the defining albums of dark ambient. It's as good as Tangerine Dream's ZEIT, which came out simultaneously. It's an even more impressive accomplishment when you read that Schulze had no access to synthesizers in 1972 and made the album with an organ and tape loops of an orchestra. His music sometimes succumbed to bloat, but he usually had enough ideas to sustain a song for half an hour.
Reply Quote
May 17, 2022 08:03PM
There was a special tribute to Schulze on Dead Electric, the show that follows Delvin's show Twenty-Flight Rock on KSER. It was broadcast on May 6th and will still be available on the radio replayer for a few days.

I accidentally ran into this while listening to Delvin's show of that date, and I must recommend it.
May 18, 2022 12:12AM
Thanks for mentioning it, Philippe.

For those who are still unfamiliar with the replayer -- not likely, but possible -- go to the replayer page, and select Friday, May 6th on the pulldown menu. It'll load in all the shows for that day; "Dead Electric" begins at 10:30PM.

You'll have to access three archives -- the ones for 10PM and 11PM, plus the 12AM one for Saturday, May 7th -- to hear all of David Haldeman's tribute to Klaus.

(And thanks for listening to my show as well!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2022 10:36AM by Delvin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login