Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Kilkenny Cats

ira
Kilkenny Cats
February 18, 2021 10:39AM
In a NY Times story today about W. McCall Calhoun Jr., a former progressive lawyer from Georgia who became a MAGA loony arrested at the Capitol, is the odd fact that he once played bass for the Kilkenny Cats.
February 18, 2021 12:26PM
I used to see their LP in the bins all over Orlando. Never bit. But Discogs has no credits for Calhoun on the three releases there. Maybe he was early/late in the game for that band as a member. Just shows to go you that hipness quotient, once attained, may be frittered away completely during your lifespan, actually going into the red…so use it wisely.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
February 18, 2021 06:15PM
Very interesting story. The gentleman was leading a normal life and was considered a liberal and Democrat until changing his mind in 2019 over fears about gun control. And when he did change his views, he went completely crackpot and ended up storming the Capitol in short order. From my distant Canadian perch, I wonder how that is even possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2021 06:16PM by Philippe.
February 19, 2021 11:25AM
Phillipe - Disinformation has been thoroughly weaponized and monetized in the Lower 48 over the last 40 years. I blame Reagan. He dismantled the FCC's Fairness Doctrine and began radical policies of deregulation with the aim of harming the public [the many] and enriching business [the few]. Policies that have worked beyond belief, as we see in this case.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2021 11:25AM by Post-Punk Monk.
Reply Quote
February 20, 2021 06:47AM
Disinformation was weaponized by Karl Rove.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login