Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new Thelonious Monster album

new Thelonious Monster album
October 06, 2020 05:46PM
If I had a list of "didn't see that one coming," this would be near the top.

Thelonious Monster has a new album coming out called Oh That Monster. Classic (original?) members Bob Forrest, Chris Handsome, Pete Weiss, and Martyn LeNoble on bass. Out digitally on Election Day, then on vinyl in January. I had no idea they'd reconvened.

A song called "Buy Another Gun" is up on Spotify and Soundcloud now. It's pretty solid. At 60, Forrest sounds exactly the same.
Reply Quote
Re: new Thelonious Monster album
October 07, 2020 01:14PM
Jesus, this is awesome. Last thing they put out was the quasi covers album in '04 that was just ok. This should be damn good.
Reply Quote
October 07, 2020 03:54PM
Def happy news for me! They would be pretty high on my list of bands I've seen live the most, probably 6 times. Tho as the TP review points out, capturing that lighting in a bottle was a struggle at first, before they did start to make great records.
October 07, 2020 04:49PM
I don't think I've ever heard the covers record PeteinVA references above. I remember it coming out and being more interested in new TM songs than a bunch of covers, and it sounded more like a Bob Forrest solo album anyway. Is it any good?
October 11, 2020 05:02PM
“California Clam Chowder” is not a covers album, tho it does have 2 covers on it (The Germs and The Carpenters, how’s that for variety?) Otherwise it’s TMonster business as usual. More slick and “professional” than previous albums, but fans will dig it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 06:24PM by MrFab.
October 11, 2020 11:05PM
Ah, I see - I got it mixed up with Forrest's solo album Modern Folk and Blues Wednesday.
October 09, 2020 08:39PM
TM has one of my favorite all time album titles - "Baby, You're Bummin' My Life Out in a Supreme Fashion".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login