Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crock of Gold (Shane McGowan movie)

Crock of Gold (Shane McGowan movie)
October 01, 2020 10:13AM
Magnolia Pictures has picked up North American rights from HanWay Films to Julien Temple’s documentary about Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan.

Crock Of Gold – A Few Rounds With Shane MacGowan is still in production and chronicles the life and music of the legendary singer-songwriter leading up to his 60th birthday celebration.

The film combines unseen archival footage from the Irish band and MacGowan’s family with animation by Ralph Steadman.

[www.screendaily.com]
Re: Crock of Gold (Shane McGowan movie)
October 01, 2020 10:15AM
October 20 virtual screening. I got my ticket- yay!

[crockofgold2020.splashthat.com]
ira
October 01, 2020 11:45AM
There's a future film festival brewing: bio-pics of Alan McGee and Shane MacGowan. Any others?
October 01, 2020 01:42PM
"animation by Ralph Steadman" Huh! Hunter S Thompson's guy. Not sure how/why, but intriguing.
October 01, 2020 02:17PM
> "animation by Ralph Steadman" Huh! Hunter S Thompson's guy.
> Not sure how/why, but intriguing.

They wanted cartoons of Shane, and decided to go with an animator who'd flatter him.
October 23, 2020 11:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2021 11:11PM by That One Guy.
Bip
October 02, 2020 07:02PM
Shane McGowan’s first (?) film role of course being the pogo dancing hooligan during the intro of Don Letts always-fun ‘The punk rock movie’....
Bip
October 02, 2020 07:02PM
Shane McGowan’s first (?) film role of course being the pogo dancing hooligan during the intro of Don Letts always-fun ‘The punk rock movie’....
October 21, 2020 09:22AM
I learned about the existence of this film (and the possibility of viewing a preview) by lurking on this site. I enjoyed the streaming preview (and subsequent discussion) very much. Thanks IHeartTP and Trouser Press!
Reply Quote
October 21, 2020 10:11AM
For those that watched it, what did everybody think?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login