Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joining the Club

Joining the Club
July 04, 2020 07:17PM
Hey all

I’ve been reading your posts like a geeky fanboy for the last decade or so and I finally joined up. One of the first books I fell in love with was the last TP guide in 1997. I think I’ve gone through at least four copies and two copies of the previous guide. I was even fortunate enough to write for the site for a bit. I’m an author myself and a 90s alt rock snob/geek.
Re: Joining the Club
July 04, 2020 07:49PM
Welcome, Pete! Glad you're choosing to join this crew.
ira
July 04, 2020 09:01PM
howdee!
ira
July 04, 2020 09:02PM
incidentally, it turns out that the software we're using for this forum doesn't have a "like" function or I would have activated it. we just have to write our approval save the shortcuts for FB and Twitter and the 'gram
Bip
July 04, 2020 09:36PM
Yes, welcome.

I too waited awhile to finally chime in. For some reason I was a little intimidated... then I realized that the folks here were just as weird and screwed-up as I was.

You guys ARE all weird and screwed-up, right??
July 05, 2020 05:34AM
*puts down snifter of brandy*

I say, master Bip, having a perfect life of luxury, heads of state and celebrities constantly calling me, etc does become SUCH a bore at times. As I said in my high school valedictorian speech (graduated a couple years early, dontcha know), I do SO enjoy the colorful antics of so-called “alt rock” fans and their precious little message board. Father sternly advised me to never refer to you all in such unseemly terms as “weird and screwed up.” “They’re artists!” he would roar, “and don’t ever become one, Junior!” Indeed I shan’t, and thusly, have next to nothing in common with you all whatsoever. So yes, you should be intimidated with any board that I am on. EXTREMELY intimidated. Hark! My polo lesson beckons. Ta!

(Dictated but not read)
July 05, 2020 05:45AM
But seriously, folks! The more the merrier, so I’m always happy when a lurker stops lurking. (Not to be confused with members of The Lurkers, they can keep lurking if they like.)
zoo
July 07, 2020 09:11AM
Welcome!

I think I lurked until the point that there was a forum topic that I just couldn't let pass without my comments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login