Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Phoebe Bridgers

ira
Phoebe Bridgers
June 29, 2020 03:16PM
So i listened to her for the first time today -- great production on her records, engaging voice neatly double-tracked. She sounds like a midpoint between Mary Lou Lord and Bon Iver (or maybe Mark Kozelek). Are people here fans or is she just for Billie Eilish tweens?
June 29, 2020 03:24PM
I've only listened to her album twice, but "I Know the End" really stands as out a vision of pop culture apocalypse. (It's kin to Lana del Rey's "The Greatest.")
June 29, 2020 05:40PM
Of course Mary Lou loves her, and you have this charming little chat in her Facebook page about this. I heard about Phoebe first from MLL on her Facebook page and immediately saw a connection. (I have been a Mary Lou Lord fan for many years; she was supposed to have sung at my wedding, but it sadly was in a period in her life when she needed treatment for alcohol problems and ended up missing it.)
June 29, 2020 07:50PM
no she's real and where i live the vinyl-heads buy the shit out of her LPs plus her 'better oblivion community center' & 'boygenius' collabs. They also buy all the other more recent indie-gals like Soccer Mommy, Julien Baker, Jay Som, Mitski, Lucy Dacus, Japanese Breakfast, Snail Mail, Mothers & Courtney Barnett; most of them have no clue what kind of debt they owe Liz Phair et al
Bip
June 29, 2020 08:36PM
I listen to the npr podcast ‘all songs considered’ now and then to get a feel for new material that’s being released. If Phoebe Bridgers cracked her knuckles and recorded it, they’d discuss it lovingly. They’ve been championing her since day one...and I’m pretty certain no tweens are listening to npr podcasts!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login