Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Nice to see this

Nice to see this
June 16, 2020 01:10AM
Found this via the Aquarium Drunkard newsletter. Congrats for getting all of this online!

It gave me a chance to go back and find the album reviews I wrote back in '77 and '78. Not so great, not so terrible (I hope).

You guys dropped me as I recall after I turned in a review in which I wrote that I was going to fling a particular record (which I won't name here) against a wall and see how many pieces it broke into. Well, I understand why you did that, and it was fun while it lasted.

Anyway, happy to find the site, best wishes to all!
June 17, 2020 10:12PM
You're Dave Marsh under another name! After all, he wrote in Rolling Stone:

"I’m taking a hammer to 'Duty Now for the Future,' lest it corrupt anyone dumb or innocent enough to take it seriously. Shards sent on request."

Unless Marsh ripped you off (more likely).
June 18, 2020 03:46AM
When I was a kid, local heavyweight (but still technically an independent at the time) Mushroom Records wanted to get a bit of punk cred and created an offshoot called Suicide Records and released the Lethal Weapons compilation. The experiment was short lived and the album (on milky white vinyl) became a collector's item. Years later, a friend at high school who was a huge Birthday Party fan told me how he picked it up at a bargain bin for $2 but said he was so annoyed with the two offerings by the Boys Next Door (Masturbation Generation and These Boots Are Made for Walking) that he karate chopped it in two. A few years after that, it was reissued (on standard black vinyl) and the value of the original dropped but at the time, I didn't have the heart to tell him of it's probable value.
June 20, 2020 10:09AM
Mushroom is the label a lot of my Split Enz stuff is on...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login