Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: TP, I love you but you’re killing me

Bip
TP, I love you but you’re killing me
June 04, 2020 07:53PM
I’ve been up way too late the last four nights looking at the magazine issues. I leave for work at 6am, damn it. I’m up til 1am!

Last night I read about jimmy page’s thoughts on his, Clapton’s and Beck’s roles in the Yardbirds. This is not what I would normally come to TP for musically... but it was that good, I kept on reading.

Somebody at TP owes me some lost hours of sleep... and my employer some compensation for loss of productivity.

New site is really the cat’s pajamas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 09:14PM by Bip.
Re: TP, I love you but you’re killing me
June 05, 2020 10:15AM
I have downloaded at least 30 issues to put on the old iPad for casual reading. I HAD to immediately read dripping wet reviews of some of my favorite, critical albums [such as "Empires + Dance" by Simple Minds] that tower in my life now, and saw that yep. TP wasn't too kind, hah! That was how it was about half of the time, but who else was covering this material in such depth? That would have been no one. Well, we did have a local free music paper called "Dogfood" that was pretty good in the time before TP reached Central Florida. I actually sent in some reviews they used while still a high school geek.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2020 10:17AM by Post-Punk Monk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login