Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Canceled concerts?

zoo
Canceled concerts?
June 02, 2020 09:46AM
Any of you have tickets for a concert that was canceled? Was it rescheduled? I was excited to see Steve Hackett in Clearwater this past April. It is now rescheduled for April 2021.
ira
June 02, 2020 10:27AM
I have tickets for the Bonzo Dog Band farewell concert in London that was supposed to have been last Friday. It became a Neil Innes memorial concert after his death and is now rescheduled for December.
June 02, 2020 10:45AM
Ouch! What gig could be more appropriate to the founder of Trouser Press?
June 02, 2020 10:42AM
Had tickets for Kishi Bashi on April 12th but not a word on cancelling [the venue was definitely closed] or a reschedule. But I just checked for the first time in a month on the Grey Eagle site and it is listed as "postponed." So we'll see.

We still have tickets for Nick Cave + the Bad Seeds in Atlanta in October that I sincerely ****ing hope gets cancelled or postponed until next year, because there's no way we will be going to a show in Atlanta in 4-5 months.

Most sadly, I had passage to the UK after a friend offered a ticket and lodging for the March 20th show at The Roundhouse where Heaven 17 were playing the first two Human League albums in a two-off event [Sheffield was the day before]. Not only was it a hyper rare chance to see the REAL Human League music performed live by people who care, but it would also be my first trip to the UK, which I never thought I could afford. Having Logan offer his spare room in the studio got wheels turning and I got roundtrip airline tickets for $360 and I thought it was finally happening. Right up until the week prior where it became apparent that it would not be happening.

The show is rescheduled for September but that ship for me has sailed. I took a beating on the plane ticket [it WAS cheap] and I would not travel to the UK for at least another year, barring a freak mutation of covid-19 that rendered it benign. I don't see any inoculation happening any time soon. I was especially disappointed at not meeting so many of my Post-Punk Monk commenters and friends I've only appreciated remotely. Dammit.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2020 04:32PM by Post-Punk Monk.
June 02, 2020 12:24PM
I have tickets for Matthew Good in March. I've received a notice that it's been rescheduled for November, same venue, and that the ticket is still valid. We'll see if conditions allow this happen.
June 02, 2020 01:25PM
When this crisis hit, I had tickets for four upcoming concerts. Two of them — Beausoleil in Seattle, and the Burger Boogaloo festival in Oakland — have been re-scheduled for October. I won't be surprised if either/both get re-scheduled again.

Adam Ant was supposed to be in Seattle last month. The concert got re-scheduled to September, which would've presented a conflict for me. So I found a buyer for my ticket. It's been re-scheduled again, to May 2021.

That leaves the Flaming Lips, who were going to play Vancouver in June. Before that one even could be postponed, the border between the U.S. and Canada was closed to all non-essential traffic. I was kind of agitated about this — a concert that I wouldn't be allowed into the country to see! — until I realized that this closure would apply to the band, too. Sure enough, the show has been postponed, new date TBD.
June 02, 2020 01:37PM
Kraftwerk (3-D) in late July - hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet.
Like Monk...Nick Cave in late Sept. - hasn't been moved...yet.
Hoodoo Gurus in early Nov. - no word on any change...yet.
The H17 date here is the only one on the May itinerary that hasn't been confirmed for the rescheduled dates in Jan. 2021.

I'll be surprised if any of the first three happen as planned...and the larger concern for smaller club shows is how many venues will be able to weather this situation.
June 18, 2020 10:32PM
Five*Words Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Hoodoo Gurus in early Nov. - no word on any
> change...yet.

Just got word on this - now November 2021.
June 02, 2020 07:15PM
Rammstein, Archers of Loaf, Beach Slang, Dambuilders......

All make me sad....
June 02, 2020 08:53PM
King Crimson, Bad Religion, Monochrome Set and Undertones all cancelled. Roger Waters postponed his tour way back in March, now scheduled for 2021. Funny thing was that this year was shaping up to be one that had the least amount of shows that appealed to me. All the shows that I had planned to go to, all were artists I'd seen before, with the exception of the Monochrome Set and the Undertones.
June 03, 2020 08:23PM
I had tickets to see Einstürzende Neubauten in Portland OR this October - a band that has been on my live bucket list for many, many years.
It sold out quickly, so I couldn't believe my luck. A couple of weeks later, I received the news that they had cancelled their US tour with no plans to reschedule (as of this writing).
June 04, 2020 10:57AM
Ticketmaster has drawn a lot of anger from music fans this year, over the wave of postponed concert dates/tours in 2020. The vendor has declined refunds on postponed concerts. They'll still honor refunds for shows that are re-scheduled (if the ticket holder requests a refund within 30 days) or canceled outright, but they've refused to offer refunds for shows that are "postponed" (read: delayed to a TBD date).

Under normal circumstances, this might be seen mostly as an inconvenience or annoyance. But with tens of millions of people unemployed, it means that Ticketmaster is holding money that those people need. Estimates vary (as estimates always do), but the figure I recall reading states that Americans currently have around $1.4 billion in sunk costs to postponed concerts.
June 10, 2020 10:56PM
Undertones, Madness, Bauhaus, Kraftwerk, Heaven 17...and I was expecting to see Psychedelic Furs touring in support of their new album.
June 11, 2020 08:18AM
Welp, Nick Cave + The Bad Seeds finally cancelled their North American Tour. Thank goodness.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
June 11, 2020 10:52AM
Update: The Flaming Lips show in Vancouver has been re-scheduled for January.

Still anticipating Beausoleil to postpone to next year ... and for the promoters of Burger Boogaloo to cancel this year's show altogether.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login