Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RIP Roky Erickson

RIP Roky Erickson
June 01, 2019 01:05AM
In some ways it's a wonder he lasted as long as he did.

[www.yahoo.com]
June 01, 2019 03:07AM
Here's my paper's piece (not written by me): here.
Reply Quote
June 01, 2019 06:31AM
Thanks, MT. Love that line "he lived so much, and not always on this planet."

I'm sad that the post below is my most vivid memory of the dude. Glad others got to see the other side of him in the latter years.

<[trouserpress.com];

Post Edited (06-01-19 03:32)
June 09, 2019 05:38AM
Naw, we did the RIP for Sara too, but I'm glad Delvin posted that link that I posted 8 years ago. I had totally forgotten that I saw them in that small scale duo. I wish I had a better memory of the actual show!

EDIT: Can't make the RIP link a hotlink above, but here's the URL: [trouserpress.com]

Post Edited (06-09-19 02:41)
BCE
June 01, 2019 11:17AM
One of the last remaining giants.

*Didn't realize that "Roky" isn't his first name (had erroneously presumed it was just a different spelling of "Rocky.")
June 02, 2019 04:40PM
Early '90s, I worked at a video company that had a phone number on file for one Roger K Erickson of Austin, TX. Say, you don't suppose..? I checked with a friend who had more music biz connections than I, and he confirmed that, yep, I had Roky Erickson's number.

me: Wow! Should we call him?
friend: Well, he'll probably just want to talk about aliens and vampires n stuff.
me: Yeah...hey, we could call him and tell him we're aliens! See what happens!

Fortunately, we thought better of it and left him alone. But now i kinda wish i had called him. Tho I did see him live at a free concert for children. My daughter's first concert, in fact. They served free ice cream. Someone joked to me, was it Roky Road?
June 03, 2019 12:04AM
It's a good thing you didn't. He was in a REALLY bad way at that point in his life.
Bip
June 02, 2019 02:17PM
“The evil one” was a new release as I was finding my footing in new wave, post punk. Seemed like a kindered spirit, anyway...not on the beaten path. (It was later I heard the 13th floor elevators).
June 02, 2019 10:21PM
ROger KYnard

Also, did we miss posting Sara Romweber?

June 02, 2019 11:10PM
> Also, did we miss posting Sara Romweber?

Nope.

[trouserpress.com]
June 03, 2019 12:00AM
I meant the RIP for her.

NP:: Beefheart - Safe as Milk

Post Edited (06-02-19 21:09)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login