Re: Is This Board Dead?
May 30, 2019 02:57AM
It lives again!!
May 30, 2019 02:01PM
Finally! I was missing it badly.
May 30, 2019 06:46PM
Welcome back TP forum! Forums are a dying breed; never so much when software incompatibilities occur after a hosting upgrade of some sort. But the biggest threat to them is FB. The Great Enemy. This is my last favorite forum still extant. I hope it lives a few more years at least.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
zoo
May 31, 2019 01:07AM
Yay! Back in business!
May 31, 2019 03:41PM
Glad it's back, but are we sure it'll stick? As Ira noted in his other post, the technology may be archaic and probably could use an update anyway. How 'bout some of you techie dudes help us figure out a longterm solution? What you got, Paganizer?
BCE
May 31, 2019 04:35PM
As long as you can still buy blank CD's at CVS (can't find them at Walgreen's anymore), there's still a place for the board.

Was it outdated technology....or was it someone at the White House? (*Asking for a friend, of course.)

Welcome back. Anyone hear the new Fontaines D.C.? Another band (after Shame & Sleaford Mods) trying their best to fill the void left by The Fall. Fontaines & Idles are still on tour.
June 06, 2019 04:48AM
rhettlawrence wrote:

> the technology may be archaic and probably
> could use an update anyway. How 'bout some of you techie dudes
> help us figure out a long term solution? What you got, Paganizer?

When a tool works efficiently, then that's the tool for the job. Especially if that tool
is economical and aesthetically satisfying. I like these older versions of Phorum
because they are lean and clean. Info sans fussiness. Newer versions deliver more emojis, more ads, more themes, etc., but the message info will be the same. Updating for the sake of updating is a millennial disease.

Not sure how Ira solved this one! Wow though. Maybe a patch or migration tool.

"Dude, yr still using a flat blade screwdriver that's not a smart tool? What happens if you need to take a selfie while screwing? OMG! You really gotta get onfleek and throw out all yr tools. Don't tell me your wrench doesn't snapchat!!"

I should probably just add an auto signature: GOML

Post Edited (06-06-19 01:49)
June 09, 2019 05:27AM
Right. As long as Ira actually got it fixed and it will keep working, we're all good. I'd been in contact with him in the downtime and he seemed to think the platform was beyond repair and that we'd need to move to something else. If he figured out the patch and this old shit will keep us going, I'm down with that.
Bip
June 02, 2019 02:07PM
Just found that it’s back.... yes!!

How many times did I check? Too many to admit to....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login