Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

youtube finds

youtube finds
March 08, 2019 03:22PM
How did I miss this? I could've had all of my favorite punk songs on two cds

A certain music magazine gets name checked on an Italian TV show segment about DEVO

zoo
Re: youtube finds
March 08, 2019 03:51PM
Wow, that punk compilation is really...what's the word...non-punk?

Great Devo footage, though.
March 09, 2019 05:16PM
That hilarious "Punk" comp ad was like an SCTV sketch or something. Maybe it was? I certainly dont remember actually seeing that ad in th 80s.

And yep, the Spuds really were ripping up "Gates if Steel." And they were reading TP in Italy apparently.
March 10, 2019 01:31AM
I do remember the Punk commercial. I also remember these:

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

They generally played during Rockworld and Hollywood Heartbeat, two pre-MTV video shows that were on at midnight on Saturdays in St. Louis. Probably on at the same time in other markets.

[m.youtube.com]

And in the early 70s, we had Detroit Tubeworks and another show whose name I've forgotten on Sunday evenings. I remember seeing Roxy Music and Alice Cooper on those shows, but I think we must've missed the Captain Beefheart episode of Tubeworks - my dad was pretty mellow, but I think he would've demanded the channel be changed after thirty seconds of the below, although he must've tolerated Alice Cooper. I guess it's possible he was at Sunday night church during that.

[m.youtube.com]

Post Edited (03-09-19 21:49)
March 11, 2019 02:24AM
That punk compilation is so wildly far off the mark that it must've been put together as a joke. I love the inclusion of Huey Lewis and the News and the incredibly fake blue wig on the guy. The whole thing is so '80s AMERICAN PSYCHO should've had it playing I the background.
Bip
March 09, 2019 01:05AM
Oh yeah, I agree—the Devo footage is really terrific. They look and sound so amazing on-stage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login