Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sigue sigue Sputnik is World Series rock??

Anyone else hear "love missle F1-11" played last night during game 3 as they faded to commercial? Kind of surprising to hear it there.

HOWEVER the pitcher for the dodgers has the last name Buehler. I'm wondering if a savvy programmer there played it because of it's use in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Would actually be better if not!
October 28, 2018 01:16PM
I can't talk about the World Series now...*sob*

At least I wasn't home watching that travesty, or pondering the mysteries of Sigue Sigue Sputnik as I was at a much happier place - the Hollywood Bowl, digging Danny Elfman's live accompaniment to "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Complete with fellow voice actors Pee Wee Herman, Catherine O'Hara, and a buncha others, including the guy who did Oogie Boogie.

Then Elfman did a mini-concert with some former Oingo Boingo members (and a member of No Doubt) performing, you guessed it, "Dead Man's Party."

THEN Elfman brought out from the wings, Mr Tim Burton hisself, who pointed at Elfman and said, "I remember seeing you guys at the Hollywood Toilet Bowl. Now look at you!" (For the record, I don't believe there actually was a punk club called the Hollywood Toilet Bowl. But there may as well have been.) All of which helped removed the sting of the game we were all following on our phones.

Anyone see the after-school special, "The Day My Kid Went Punk"? It came out in '87 or so, and there's a scene where an irate adult says the punk kid looks "like something out of Ziggy Ziggy Sputnick"!

Post Edited (10-28-18 10:18)
October 29, 2018 11:42PM

Sigue sigue Sputnik is World Series rock??

It is when the lyrics go like: "There goes my love rocket red" and the Red Sox are playing?

Quick: Name three of the advertisers who bought space between the songs on "Flaunt It."

And no cheating!

Pretty sure L'Oreal was one of them.
October 29, 2018 06:15PM
> ... there's a scene where an irate adult says the punk kid looks "like something out of
> Ziggy Ziggy Sputnick"!

That made my day, Fab. From the bottom of my heart, thanks.

October 30, 2018 01:20PM
> (For the record, I don't believe there actually was a punk club called the Hollywood
> Toilet Bowl. But there may as well have been.)

I think it was featured in the after-school special, "The Day My Kid Went Punk."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login