Advanced

Re: Great rock music trilogies

Great rock music trilogies
July 19, 2018 11:54PM
Chicago first,
1. muddy waters
2. cheap trick
3. the handcuffs

that's seventy years of music. And no other music critic alive has covered those seven decades better than ira robbins.

Post Edited (07-19-18 21:35)
July 20, 2018 01:40PM
Ulver - The Black metal Triology

Bergtatt
Kveldssanger
Nattens madrigal
July 20, 2018 02:58PM
1. Heathen
2. Reality
3. The Next Day

On the first album, Bowie looks at where he's been, musically and personally. On the second, he considers where he's at -- and what lies ahead as he gets older. And on the third, he finds his path forward. (Of course, he didn't know at the time how short that path would be.)

July 20, 2018 07:16PM
Chicago native Mrs Fab would be the first to point out that Cheap Trick were from Rockville, not Chi-Town. Locals are picky about these things! Substitute Big Black?

Looked up The Handcuffs - I like the description, will check em out. Thanks for the tip, STEVE.

Post Edited (07-20-18 16:17)
July 27, 2018 01:53AM
Mr. Fabulous in L.A.,
our man ira turned me onto them, right here on this very website.

While we're on the subject of ira, I say, there is no music critic dead or alive, that better conveys(ed?) both the joys and disappointments from listening to fifty (maybe even more!) years of rock music, better.

Post Edited (07-26-18 23:33)
July 21, 2018 11:33PM
Detroit
1. Funkadelic
2. Stooges
3. MC5

Funkadelic went on to make lots of great music after their first 3 albums, but they stopped filling every album with 10-minute long psychedelic freakouts after MAGGOT BRAIN.
July 22, 2018 02:46PM
Yo La Tengo:

1.) Flying Lesson (Hot Chicken #1)
2.) Don't Say A Word (Hot Chicken #2)
3.) Return To Hot Chicken
July 27, 2018 01:32AM
if you think about it, the handcuffs are a trilogy within a trilogy. what with themselves, the elvis brothers, and big hello.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login