Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tony Kinman

Tony Kinman
May 03, 2018 07:11PM
From Chip Kinman's Facebook page, approximately noon yesterday:

"Tony is home with his family. He is no longer receiving treatment and is comfortable and at peace. I have read him everything that people are posting and he is very moved. I will let everyone know when it is done. I love you all. Thank you, Chip."

No further updates since then. Some people are posting that Tony has passed on, but I don't see any confirmation of that yet.

Goddammit. I'm going to have to go to the bathroom for a couple of minutes so people don't see me crying at my desk.
May 03, 2018 08:17PM
Damn, very sad to hear this. Another figure who, along with his brother Chip, would have been a legend if he was from New York or London. At least being from California they got some attention. Not only were the Dils as good as punk got there for a minute, their next band Rank and File was as good as country-rock got. (Or 'alt-country' or 'roots-rock', whatever they call it...)

Post Edited (05-03-18 17:18)
May 04, 2018 12:00AM
Sundown is just the best.
Re: R.I.P. Tony Kinman
May 04, 2018 02:14PM
Chip has posted that Tony has boarded the train out of here.

Damn cancer. Apparently he was just diagnosed in March, but it was such a badass strain that treatment was pretty useless.
May 05, 2018 06:53PM

Sundown is just the best.

It's the only LP that I have two copies of.

RIP
May 05, 2018 09:56AM
Though I used to have some by Dils and R&F, I'm still partial to their work as Blackbird. The CD is a trove of craft.

Mike Watt had the album where, instead of his own songs, the artwork featured a lyric by Tony.

They really did some original stuff.

edit::just went and listened to>
Dils- Class War
Dils - I Hate the Rich

perfect 2min punk blurs

Post Edited (05-05-18 07:09)
May 06, 2018 01:36AM
>>dit::just went and listened to>
Dils- Class War
Dils - I Hate the Rich

perfect 2min punk blurs<<

Be sure to check out "Blow Up" as well. The lyric "In this world of mine/nothing ever lasts" is taking on an even deeper meaning right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login