Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Dave Navarro charity gig

zoo
Dave Navarro charity gig
April 11, 2018 07:22PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-navarro-chris-cornell-and-chester-benningtons-suicides-had-a-massive-impact-on-me/

Yes, it's for a good cause, but I'm really interested in the fact that he's going to cover two classic albums in their entirety, The Velvet Underground and Nico, and more appealing to me....KINGS OF THE WILD FRONTIER!
April 11, 2018 09:40PM
I'd love to hear Navarro take a stab at "Car Trouble." It's the wrong album, right?
zoo
April 12, 2018 11:34AM
Yup, wrong album.
April 12, 2018 01:58PM
Hey, there's always the encore.

Actually, pretty cool & amusing that Navarro is pairing one of alt-rock's most hallowed classics with one of its campiest.

zoo
April 12, 2018 04:45PM
It's campy, and it's also all over the map stylistically. I can't imagine it's an easy album to cover.
April 12, 2018 05:26PM
My sister's boyfriend brought over Kings, London Calling, Sandinista, Clash first one and Never Mind the Bullocks to our house when I was 13 or 14. Life changing moment for me. I very quickly recorded them to tape. Up to that point my music faves were in chrono order Elvis-Kiss-Aerosmith-AC/DC-Rush. MTV was just starting out so I think I had at least seen Ant Music but I love the album so much - Los Rancheros, Dog Eat Dog, Physical - all fantastic and just so different. I wish some of his other material got some play on various formats like Sirius and oldies stations with 80's shows, I still hear Strip and of course Goody Two Shoes occasionally. Friend or Foe, love the guitar in that song. So hats off to Dave, still one of the best rock shows I have ever seen - Jane's Addiction late 1988. The intensity of the music translated directly to the fans that night.
April 12, 2018 05:50PM
> It's campy, and it's also all over the map stylistically.

That's pretty true of each of Adam's best albums, whether with the Ants or solo. The BlueBlack Hussar is like that. It's a weird album, but from song to song, it's never weird the same way twice. I sure would love to see him perform again; that 2013 show in Seattle was tremendous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login