Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Gonna buy a docu?

Gonna buy a guitar?
April 04, 2018 08:41PM
If it's a red Gibson SG, think twice about its provenance. It might belong to Captain Sensible.

Re: Gonna buy a guitar?
April 05, 2018 01:08PM
The story has ended rather quickly, and definitely happily. Apparently the Internet/social media saturation with the news of this theft made the instrument "too hot to handle." So the thief/thieves left the guitar in a park, undamaged. It was returned to the Captain.

April 05, 2018 07:10PM
Something GOOD actually came out of "Internet/social media saturation"?!

Wonder if the Resident's stolen eyeball head ever showed up. i mean, what would you do with it? Can you imagine trying to sell it at a pawn shop or sumthin?

Post Edited (04-06-18 17:36)
April 06, 2018 01:20AM
New Damned LP next month.

Can't believe So Whos Paranoid is already a decade old!

April 07, 2018 06:18AM
The Damned Doc was one of the best of the last dozen or so relative to TP.
Wasn't much for Gimme Danger.

April 08, 2018 01:26PM
Speaking of documentaries relative to TP, last night I saw one called Boys From Nowhere that was about the bands that played the Rat in Boston in the late '70s, focusing on The Real Kids, Nervous Eaters, Willie Alexander, DMZ & The Neighborhoods. After the movie played, The Nervous Eaters & Willie Alexander did short sets.
April 06, 2018 08:41PM
Residents were also just in town. A friend told me he was gonna see 'em. They've been touring quite relentlessly in recent years.

Don't suppose the Damned do any Capt. Sensible solo stuff?
April 09, 2018 07:07PM
MrFab wrote:

> Residents were also just in town. A friend told me he was gonna
> see 'em. They've been touring quite relentlessly in recent
> years.
>

Yeah, this time around there are four members as opposed to the three that have made up the band for the last couple of tours.

As for TP docs, the last time, the Residents hit DC, they showed their documentary - Theory of Obscurity: A Film About the Residents before their set. While the docmentary doesn't explicitly say who is behind the eyeballs, it didn't take much to put two and two together.

April 09, 2018 08:29PM
Since that doc came out, Hardy Fox has revealed himself as co-founder and primary composer.

bio

He did a lengthy interview about it recently, but now I can't find it on the web.
April 07, 2018 12:08AM

Wonder if the Resident's stolen eyeball head ever showed up. i mean, what would you do with it? Can you imagine trying to sell it at a pawn shop or sumthin?

PAWN DUDE: An authentic Residents eyeball? Meh. The best I can offer you is twenty bucks. Take it or leave it.
April 06, 2018 12:59PM
And they're touring as well. They'll be in Seattle in July. I saw them a year ago, and just figured it'd be their last time around.

April 06, 2018 01:14PM
Delvin wrote:

> And they're touring as well. They'll be in Seattle in July. I
> saw them a year ago, and just figured it'd be their last time
> around.
>

They tour constantly. They just finished up another European tour with Paul Gray back on bass (I think it was a one off, however). From what I gather from the Captain's facebook postings, he loves the life, so as long as Vanian is still game, I foresee them going until the bitter end.

April 06, 2018 02:23PM
Gray played bass on the new record as well - I don't know if he's a permanent touring member or not.

Interestingly, Gray is also on the new record by Professor and the Madman, whose drummer is Rat Scabies. I guess he didn't have to choose sides.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login