Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: HTRK

HTRK
January 20, 2017 02:29PM
Anybody familiar with the Australian/Berlin band HTRK (pronounced "Hate Rock") and their debut album Marry Me Tonight? It was produced by Rowland S. Howard right before he died. (Hence my interest.) The original 2009 issue is OOP, and the 2015 vinyl reissue (by a company called Ghostly International, of which I'd never heard before today) is similarly gone (or nearly so). Naturally, the record isn't on Spotify, and the only copy of it I found on YouTube has a horrific buzz running through it. Anybody have an opinion on HTRK's music?
January 22, 2017 06:31PM
[htrk.yourcomicbookfantasy.com]

Ghostly has Tycho on it and is a pretty cool label. I have Psychic 9-5 Club and have listened a few times but it never did anything for me. It was pretty forgetable so I never delved further.

No likey Tycho?
January 22, 2017 06:34PM
And here is a site if you want to listen to it before you purchase.

[onetwo.tv]
January 23, 2017 03:16PM
I've never heard of Tycho until now.

I managed to get the YT stream to work, and will give it another spin via this Bandcamp page. I found it interesting, but the question is: will I listen to it often enough (or are my Rowland S. Howard and Australian underground rock obsessions strong enough) to justify paying the money? We shall see.

Thanks for the response(s)!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login