Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New Chills album

New Chills album
September 30, 2015 08:27PM
There is a new Chills album coming out at the end of the month - "Silver Bullets". New song - Warm Waveform. Very good in a chilly (sorry) sort of way.

October 01, 2015 12:07AM
I've been waiting for ages. Saw a gig poster *somewhere* online that indicated that there was a new album. Hooray for Martin Phillips!

October 01, 2015 03:00PM
Yes, very excited, and have heard some of the tracks as they have come out slowly on Spotify, etc. I am hoping they may tour in the States at some point! Of all the vintage Flying Nun bands, they're my favorite, but the one I haven't seen in concert (I have seen Verlaines and 3Ds in Dunedin, and the Clean and Bats in DC).
January 15, 2016 03:30PM
My updated writeup on the Chills is now here, including the new Silver Bullets and some of the other Martin Phillips releases which have trickled out over the past few years. Chills are now touring in Australia and have posted about the idea of European and North American touring - very exciting stuff.
January 15, 2016 04:37PM
ah our New Zealand connection. That's pretty cool about the album titles and 'SB', I would have never noticed that.

I see that Ira put up an update on the Mysteries of Life as well. I have been just discovering that several TP bands had releases last year, that I completely missed:

Grip Weeds
Urinals
DOA
Penetration
The Black Watch (two!)

January 15, 2016 07:04PM
I keep hoping to find time to update the TBW entry with the most recent two. Same with the Porcupine Tree entry and Green Pajamas entry - I think there's been three PJs records, plus three or four side projects. New Baroness and Mastodon albums as well. Someday!
January 15, 2016 09:00PM
I think Green Pajamas need to do another compilation to update from GLASS COLORED ROSES. I am a casual fan/admirer, but no way I could keep up.
October 16, 2017 04:24PM
For all fans of the Chills and the Dunedin scene, there is a kickstarter for a documentary on Martin Phillips and the Chills, a few hundred kiwi dollars short of its funding target with barely a day or two remaining. Please consider chipping in! (USD equivalent looks like they hit their target, but it's not quite right.)

[www.kickstarter.com]
June 20, 2024 05:16PM
Anyone else hear Brave Words (Spoken Bravely: The Remix)? I actually hadn't gotten around to listening to the original before listening to the remix. (I probably felt less motivated because Phillipps had been talking about remixing it for a while and by the time I discovered them, I read that it was being worked on with an imminent release date.) With no familiarity with the music, it sounded like a good mix, but after listening to the original, I don't think that was a bad mix either and the extra ambience kind of feels apiece with some of their earlier singles like "Pink Frost." I guess I'll have to keep a copy of both.
Re: Mysteries of Life
January 16, 2016 12:24AM
Wondering why Ira left out Beginning to Move and the Home Recordings release? It's nearly impossible to find their post-90s music on disc. I really miss this band.

Here's the ep:

[themysteriesoflife.bandcamp.com]

Post Edited (01-15-16 20:30)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login