Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jack White

Jack White
August 02, 2013 10:10PM
He is apparently in a nasty custody battle with his ex-wife who is now filing a restraining order. No big deal. I was in that situation also. The interesting part is that he is pissed because his children are having playdates or whatever with the children of one of the Black Keys. Apparently Jack is bitter that band has been ripping him off for years, and wants to extend the feud to encompass his kids. Is this exceptional sour grapes? Or is this normal? I would probably feel the same, I guess.
August 03, 2013 12:22AM
i reckon you're right nose pale,
kids need mentors. preferably with good taste in music.
August 03, 2013 02:02AM
So let me get this straight-ish:

Jack White rips off everybody and their Grandma (including Led Zeppelin and its Grandma who ripped off everyone else's Grandma first);

Jack White manages to hit the mother lode (if you'll pardon the pun), which he parlays into a pretty successful enterprise;

Jack White feels The Black Keys are infringing on his ripping people off territory.

And I prefer The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and Jack White's solo stuff to The Black Keys. The Dead Weather's not an easy sell, I gotta admit.
August 03, 2013 02:47AM

white stripes and black keys, trow me a red stripe already.
August 04, 2013 03:24PM

So let me get this straight-ish:

Jack White rips off everybody and their Grandma (including Led Zeppelin and its Grandma who ripped off everyone else's Grandma first)

Indeed. If you're not an itinerant Delta bluesman (and/or his Grandma) about to freeze to death in a ditch somewhere ... YOU'RE AN OPPRESSOR, PIG!
August 03, 2013 08:40AM
What does Dexter Romweber have to say about this?

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
August 03, 2013 09:43AM
hehe, but Dex didn't have his sister drumming for him til the late 2000s!
August 03, 2013 12:15PM
Yep....sounds like chicks playing the (ridiculously lopsided) restraining order game to me:

"White claims that Elson's accusations have no standing, since until very recently, she seemed to think he was a good father. His countermotion states that on May 19, she emailed him, "You're an amazing father, I'm so glad we had these kids together." He also claims that she left Scarlett and Henry Lee in his care for 10 days while she took a trip to New York... just a day after signing her restraining order affidavit, reports Rolling Stone."
August 03, 2013 02:09PM
The family court system is indeed wildly skewed against fathers. . .
August 05, 2013 08:32PM
Only way to ice this cake is for Karen Elson to hire Jason Stollsteimer as a personal bodyguard.

August 07, 2013 06:09PM
I just can't seem to like the Black Keys, have tried and tried and I just don't like it. Something is missing in the music, can't put my finger on it. As far as ripping off, there are tons of bands that write a song around a tight riff. The Keys ripped ZZ Top more than the Stripes IMO, especially Lonely Boy. But the song goes no where, it is awful. A co-worker lent me a copy of Attack and Release, maybe one or two cool grooves but for the most part that album blows. As for the Stripes, they did not really break too much ground either really.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login