Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Happy 70th to Brian Wilson

Happy 70th to Brian Wilson
June 20, 2012 01:17PM
So far this year, Lou Reed, John Cale, Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson have hit the seven decade mark. Late 1941 was quite a time for gettin' busy, apparently.

Makes me wonder what kind of slackers the fathers of Cale & McCartney were, because I thought by that time all able bodied young men in the UK were supposed to be off in Tunisia duking it out with Rommel!

Post Edited (06-20-12 10:47)
June 21, 2012 02:09AM
That's rock's Mount Rushmore... only missing Dylan and Eno.
June 21, 2012 02:16AM
Actually, his last album That Lucky Old Sun had some really good songs on it. I haven't been able to stomach that new BBs album (Thats Why God Made The Radio/ And Satan Invented MP3s.)
Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl is about the best song he has written since Love and Mercy, and one of his better post BBs tunes.
June 21, 2012 12:27PM
"Makes me wonder what kind of slackers the fathers of Cale & McCartney were, because I thought by that time all able bodied young men in the UK were supposed to be off in Tunisia duking it out with Rommel!"

I believe that Sir Paul's dad was in the cotton business in Liverpool & was too old for active service, while John Cale's dad was a coal miner in Wales, which was as essential industry.
June 21, 2012 01:54PM
Excellent! I wasn't expecting a serious answer, but that's good to know. I think I do remember reading that McCartney's dad was too old for service.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login