Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Belfegore

Belfegore
July 24, 2004 02:08AM
Remember this band? Perhaps the only Canadian-German-American trio of note during the mid-80's? They flickered briefly with a haunting debut album, a cool single ("All That I Wanted") and a cool video. Kind of sounded like industrial metal before there was such a thing.

If anyone has a lead on how to get the eponymous album, please share. I had a cassette long ago but it's long gone. Probably unavailable on CD.
ira
July 27, 2004 12:13AM
We just posted the book entry on the band...thanks for the reminder!
M2
August 06, 2004 09:46PM
Holy cow, I can't believe someone else ACTUALLY has heard of Belfegore! I still have the tape, although it isn't in the best of shape, and I found someone who converted most of the songs to MP3 format. Not the best quality, but in digital form nonetheless. These guys were great, I remember watching the video on 'Radio 1990' (I think it was callled that!) and ran out to buy the tape.

Thanks for remembering this great but short-lived band!

Cheers! M2
August 07, 2004 08:35PM
M2, would you share MP3? To my knowledge you are the only person in the universe who has copy of that album in any format.
August 07, 2004 09:23PM
try [gemm.com]

gemm records
September 20, 2005 03:18AM
Over a year after posting the above query, and after nearly twenty solid years of searching, I have at long last acquired a CD copy of Belfegore's debut LP. (Shout-out to Count Fritz in Brooklyn for the assist).

Trying to relocate music from your younger days can be a mixed blessing; too often, the memory of the music is better than the music itself (this is known as the Kiss Hotter Than Hell Rule). Not so here. This stuff - a prescient mixture of goth, industrial, metal and funk - really stands the test of time. The single "All That I Wanted" has got to be the most undeservedly obscure song of the mid-80's, and the remainder of the album is never less than interesting. (Sample lyrics: "I chained your lips to the back of a spider;" "Seabird, seamoan - in Chinese caves." Good poetry? or bad English by the German singer?)

OK, I'm done. Thanks everyone for being there. If anyone wants to drink the Belfegore kool-aid, I can arrange.
October 06, 2005 08:53PM
Hi,

Hope you can help! I finally came across your post and was wondering if somehow I could get a copy of the Belfegore CD you obtained. Do you know if it's from vinyl to wav to CD, or from mp3 to CD? Am hoping to get a copy that has not been chopped and altered. A couple mp3's I managed to obtain are of poor/low quality (music chopped at end of fade out, etc.).

Am crossing my fingers on this one!

Thank you.

October 11, 2005 02:05AM
The quality is good (i.e. not chopped); believe it came from vinyl originally. Post your email address and I'll do what I can to help.
October 13, 2005 08:04PM
great - thanks!

mr blunden )at( hotmail dot com

no spaces, etc.

look forward to hearing from you [www.rezidue.com]

Post Edited (11-08-05 21:15)
January 26, 2006 10:22PM
Willie,you truly are a pimp. Belfegore was one of the best one hit wonder 80's bands that only you and I and a couple of others seem to have heard! I was able to download "Seabird Seamoan" off of KAZAA but I was really looking for "Questions" and "All That I Wanted". My cassette is of course, 20+ years old but the last time I listened to it (10 or more years ago when my tape cassette player ate it's final meal) it sounded as great as ever. I was looking for a scan of the album cover by typing in "BELFEGORE" and up came your pleas for somebody,anybody to reply. I was wondering if you would share your mp3's of their album with me. I would be happy to share any of my other 80's files with you! I also read the other people's comments on that page and besides being incredulous that another living soul even remembered the band known only as "BELFEGORE" I was a bit perplexed that nobody even mentioned "Questions" or "Wake Up To Silence", as I believe it was called. Damn, I miss hearing those songs!!!
September 20, 2005 12:52PM
I remember that Belfegore video... briefly owned the album... but the rest wasn't too great. I think I'm going to try to track down that MP3 though...
September 20, 2005 10:19PM
missed your request last year, cuz i tweren't here, but i did pull out the album yesterday...

i'm with MrAl, that first song is alright, but the rest ain't much.
September 21, 2005 12:01AM
You make me sad. The follow up album (A Dog Is Born) was unimpressive and may have accounted for their dropping out of site. The first LP was produced (I think) by Conny Plank; the second was demo quality and strictly funk-metal.
September 28, 2005 08:47PM
I remember them! Reminds me now to break out my Eat - Sell me a god tape....
December 08, 2005 01:05PM
willie,
love belfegore. they were one of those bands that sparked a new channel in music, were to ahead of the main current and fell into the abyss. conny plank did produce that album (r.i.p.) he was a genius! i just found a copy of the album (vinyl) my original form back in the day was all scratched up. not sure what state it is in. if you have a digital version of the album i would love to get a copy of it...that is if it is possible.

cheers

Post Edited (12-08-05 09:06)
December 09, 2005 04:01AM
Hi, saw your post.
Willie sent me a copy, I can do the same for you if you want.
Belfegore that is.
Let me know,
DJ
December 08, 2005 10:21PM
Here's is the video.

[www.allthatiwanted.com]

Post Edited (12-08-05 18:24)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login