Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: first encounters with Trouser Press

first encounters with Trouser Press
July 22, 2004 04:28PM
just curious, but what was everyone's first encounter with the Trouser Press.

i guess i'm feeling nostalgic, but i always remembered the day. i was in 7th grade and it was 1996. i was really sick of all the stuff that the radio was playing. 120 Minutes was okay, but i really just wanted an education on early "alternative", so i bought the Screaming Fields Sonic Youth compilation and saw all the band flyers and my mind was blown. like, who was Saccharine Trust or Firehose? so i was browsing the library and found the 1988 edition and picked it up, and it became my guide to learning about all the great music of yesteryear. it's still my favorite book, that edition. thanks Ira, and all the rest of the writers, for getting me into great music.
July 24, 2004 02:15AM
My first encounter with Trouzer Press involved Jerry Falwell and his mother in an outhouse.
August 04, 2004 05:50PM
thank you HUSTLER willie.
I was in a high school that was racially divided between kiss and cheap trick. Tricksters had the trousers and the post hippie kissers had the late 70's circus mags...FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
August 05, 2004 04:02PM
Purchased second edition at music store in late eighties after already encountering magazine in dark alley. Late night rendezvous' in closet led to divorce after choice ultimatums were issued.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login