Tommy Stinson makes the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!
December 07, 2011 01:42PM
Sort of. I never have figured out how exactly they figure who's inducted as part of a band. Are all 900 people who were even in Fleetwood Mac or the 450 Byrds all considered members of the Hall of Fame?

[news.yahoo.com]

Stinson has been a member of Guns N' Roses for longer than he was a Replacement, which is depressing to ponder. And he's been in G N' R longer than Slash or Duff McKagen were. It has the potential to be an interesting induction ceremony, to say the least.
Re: Tommy Stinson makes the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!
December 07, 2011 01:55PM
Only the original Byrds were inducted--Roger, Chris Hillman, Crosby, Gene Clark, and Michael Clarke.

I don't even want to know who went in as GnR.
December 07, 2011 02:22PM

Only the original Byrds were inducted--Roger, Chris Hillman, Crosby, Gene Clark, and Michael Clarke.

That actually kind of sucks, as the later country-rock line-up was as important as the folk-rock original line-up. But I guess for expediency's sake the decision makes sense, as there's only so much space on those plaques.

Still, it's a shame that Gram Parsons, Gene Parsons and Clarence White weren't recognized.

Post Edited (12-07-11 10:27)
December 07, 2011 02:38PM
Yeah, I totally agree--particularly in the case of Clarence White, who really bolstered the latter-day Byrds and is a huge part of their legacy.
December 07, 2011 01:58PM
Stinson's title with Guns 'n Roses is Musical Director. I guess he took over when Doc Severinsen retired.
Re: Duff McKagan makes the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!
December 28, 2011 09:13PM
I discovered Duff McKagan's ESPN.com column a few months back. It's not brilliant, but it has its moments. And he seems weirder–in a good way–than I would've guessed. His latest:

[sports.espn.go.com]
December 07, 2011 02:48PM
Considering the rancor that still exists between Axl Rose and Slash, I'm sure there will be drama. I'm guessing the original band will be inducted but the current band will perform.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are also being inducted. Blech. Double blech. At least it's not Bon Jovi. Not that there's much difference anymore.
December 07, 2011 03:20PM
This marks the first time that I'm okay with everyone who's getting in. GNR and the RHCP are the ones I have problems with, but as long as that asshat band Bon Jovi doesn't get in, I'm fine with those two. Hell, I still listen to Freaky Styley quite a bit.
December 07, 2011 05:07PM
too bad bob stinson isnt around to do the induction speech
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login