SIRIUS Music
July 16, 2004 10:27PM
I slept with dick manitoba last night!
Re: SIRIUS Music
July 17, 2004 11:38AM
how was she?
July 17, 2004 05:42PM
now, that's funny. thanks michael--best laugh i've had all week. (and i've heard she's a tease.)
July 17, 2004 07:40PM
Jealous lovers...THE DICS RULE.
July 17, 2004 07:45PM
well, ok...

"I drink Coca cola for breakfast
I've got Jackie Onassis in my pants
I'm never gonna watch channel 13
Edjumacation ain't for me
I'm so drunk I can barely see"
July 19, 2004 04:46AM
Dear Michael,
You are hereby appointed the title 'Sacred Guardian Angel' of Dicdom.

You now posess all the accompanying benefits alloted for this position.

The benefits don't really amount to much monetarily but adoration along with an extremely large group of unquestioning faithful followers that adhere to only your manifestos certainly must come around to only the chosen few.

Congratulations.

I am now your humble servant.

PS Enclosed please find a 50 Calibur machine gun that you may want to use in order to convert the nonbelievers.
July 19, 2004 10:35AM
If nominated, i will run; if elected, I will serve.

herein and herewith,
flagrantly,

Sonny Liston, Esq.

Set me free
I might know better when I'm older
But until then
Just give me a sopor for the weekend
ira
July 19, 2004 10:28PM
i was in the studio as manitoba grappled for what seemed like an hour with the pronunciation and inflection of the word "sopor" to Sandy Pearlman's satisfaction. it was a hysterical nightmare
July 20, 2004 06:25PM
hee hee hee
theres quite a lot of Spector tales in circulation, one too many in fact, but not many Pearlman accounts, thanks, first for being there and most importantly, remembering it!
August 05, 2004 04:58PM
Could this post be a hint as to the inclusion of G.E.E.R. in your top 50?
ira
August 06, 2004 12:23AM
are you asking do i like the clash album because i faintly knew pearlman? not at all, but knowing sandy did get me into Basing Street for a day during the recording of Tommy Gunn and English Civil War, which gave me a lot of insight into the weird insular world that was the clash.
August 12, 2004 11:20PM
In rankings of Clash albums GEER sometimes rates lower than Combat Rock for many fans. Your list did reveal a pension for the less repeatedly beaten of an artists's oeuvre while still recognizing the critically greatest artists and your passion for them. I rediscovered GEER due to a rare clarity brought by digital remastering - as a rule I prefer the warmer tone of vinyl but the oroginal LP seem to propel their brand of chooga and many blamed the mix. Probably sounded great on the studio master. But your comment about the 'insular' world would be a great thread for Clash fans. Was it insular because they were under deadline pressure, burnt-out, in America, leary of the press? Weird because of outward behavior, towards each other?

*should read: original LP release DIDN'T seem to propel*

Post Edited (08-18-04 12:51)
ira
August 13, 2004 02:04AM
they lived in a world that was completely self contained and not entirely sane. bernard rhodes kept things from ever making sense, and the band responded by making itself an entity cut off from everything
August 18, 2004 03:56PM
This aligns with Gray's 'Last Gang in Town'. Which, though it didn't say this, gave me the impression that imploding was the only possible outcome. The Clash was one of the fastest/most intense RnR stories...5 LP sides and 2 EPs in just over 1 year, for example, doesn't help sanity. Some now say that the huge misstep that was Cut the Crap was also Rhodes' handiwork...but maybe this is rewriting the legend...?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login