Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RICHARD JOBSON

RICHARD JOBSON
May 28, 2004 10:14PM
I just read the stuff on here about the Skids and thought I ought to say something .
Foir a start the JOY album,which is now as rare as Hell,was a favorite of Virginia Astley who played on it. In fact her flute can be heard loud and clear on one of its 2 singles Fields.
Both Jobson and Virginia Astley had something in common though she wasn't a rock fan at all,and that was an interest in the War Poets.
She appeared with Josephine Wells on the Ballad Of Etiquette,now rare enough as to not be included on Gemm.
If you like Scots accents I can recommend this album.
The full credits are Richard Jobson with Virginia and Josephine,the latter was from Manchester and met Virginia at a music school there.She was a member of Kissing The Pink later and played on Virginia's Gardens album.
Richard Jobson was last heard of in a TV series called Neighbours From Hell.It wasn't him it was some guy who opened up a pig farm right next to where his family lived!

Richard Astley-Clemas
May 29, 2004 10:45PM
Aren't Virginia and 80's singing sensation Rick Astley related through Pete Townshend? Thank you for offering any help to us all here in the gussip column.
May 30, 2004 01:31AM
First off, I think STEVE and The Family Cat should pass around whatever they're smokin', 'cuz it sounds really fun. Second, Virginia Astley is Pete Townshend's sister-in-law. Third, let's leave Rick Astley out of of this.
May 30, 2004 01:47AM
Floyd expressed my feelings on this matter perfectly.

Cheers.
June 06, 2004 10:08PM
BIG COUNTRY FANS UNITE
June 04, 2004 11:52PM
Family Cat is to the old skull, (remember them?), I mean skool, to today's Warlocks!

More importantly, Rick Astley has the force!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login