Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dry Cleaning "Strong Feelings" = A Flock of Seagulls?

Dry Cleaning "Strong Feelings" = A Flock of Seagulls?
March 19, 2021 11:59AM
Am I just imagining this, or do I hear A Flock of Seagulls all over this song? Take away the vocals & it's "Space Age Love Song."
Bip
Re: Dry Cleaning "Strong Feelings" = A Flock of Seagulls?
March 19, 2021 02:47PM
I don’t hear it. Maybe if I sped it way up?? The guitar line just doesn’t seem close enough. (mind you, I’ve been told I’m not always the best listener....confused smiley)

Now Nirvana’s ‘come as you are’’s lift from Killing Joke’s ‘eighties’?? THAT I heard straight away.
March 19, 2021 06:05PM
I can kinda hear what you're getting at - the riff has the same sort of structure to it, but not really the same feel. To my ears, it's sort of a love child of the riffs from "Space Age Love Song" and "Rescue" by the Bunnymen.
March 20, 2021 03:54PM
I think Reno's description is spot on. Plus the rhythm section, especially the dry, synthetic percussion, mark it as an amalgam of a few other Eighties rock tracks that I can't quite pin down right now. Cool song, regardless. Thanks!
March 22, 2021 04:54PM
I was thinking I chose the wrong song or something but then at the 1:45 mark I started hearing what you are saying. Interesting stuff, thanks.
zoo
March 23, 2021 03:52PM
That descending guitar riff is somewhat reminiscent of the FOS song, but there is nothing else in that song that reminds me of FOS. It's a pretty cool song, though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login