Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gordon Haskell - RIP

Gordon Haskell - RIP
October 19, 2020 01:51PM
Gordon Haskell - in King Crimson for a very brief time. Rather interesting obituary.
Re: Gordon Haskell - RIP
October 19, 2020 09:32PM
Yes. Something pissed him off during that brief stint.
Re: Gordon Haskell - RIP
October 20, 2020 10:17AM
He was old friends from youth band days with Fripp who was in a jam and needed a vocalist when Greg Lake split KC. Haskell never felt that KC was right for him and regretted his decision to say yes. Eventually acting on it! That said, I love his singing on "Cadence And Cascade" and side one of "Lizard." My peak early KC. I would have vastly preferred to hear him tackle the second side. There's enough Jon Anderson already in the world, yes? I enjoyed the frank obituary @DGMlive. Refreshing as both Haskell and Fripp had serious issues with "Lizard." The dramas in the making of which obviously had lingering effects on Fripp. Who was only able to re-approach that album in recent years. Again, I most certainly did not. The latent jazz from day one came to fuller flowering there and I felt that Haskell's vocals and also the wind instruments of Mel Collins took that album to a higher plane. I was frankly thrilled when Collins was re-introduced into the band in their current phase and could not wait to see them play. That live show I caught in 2017 was a real gift.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

[postpunkmonk.com]
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2020 10:20AM by Post-Punk Monk.
Reply Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login