Re: Economics

Economics
July 12, 2008 03:10AM
Albums you almost sold for money.

joy division.

Please forgive me.
July 12, 2008 03:50AM
I nearly sold the promo copy of Boy by U2 back to the used record store I bought it from way back in 81. Didn't really like it the first couple of weeks I owned it - a fact that I blame on Creem comparing it to the Undertones, so I was expecting something entirely different than what I heard the first time I played it.
July 12, 2008 11:18AM
Had to sell my collection of Zappa/Mothers albums to finance my second try at college in 1988. It was a community college, but a great one. Managed to have them all back about five years later. Now considering selling them again to just pay bills. There's the economy for you.
July 13, 2008 09:22PM
I ain't sellin shit. Even you find me lying in an alley with headphones on listening to my box sets on a portable CD player.
July 14, 2008 01:14PM
I can't think of any close calls that scare me ... but a few months before my wedding, my fiancée and I "merged" our record collections. We went through all those records, found the duplicates, and took those extra copies around the used record shops to sell.

We got enough cash to pay for our wedding invitations and r.s.v.p. cards (including stamps).

July 14, 2008 01:31PM
No close calls, but I somehow lost my Bee Gees Greatest Hits, Volume 1--twice. So I dutifully re-bought it, as I never travel too far without a little "Massachusetts," etc.
July 14, 2008 01:37PM
Funny, I was playing my copy of the Bee Gees Greatest Hits Vol. 1 in my car this weekend.
July 14, 2008 03:17PM
I like the cover of that album, because it has that fourth Bee Gee guy that everyone forgot about.
July 14, 2008 04:20PM
You mean Gummo or Zeppo?, Seriously, I think that there were two non-Gibbs in the Bee Gees in the 1967-69 period.
July 14, 2008 04:50PM
the question is why they to chose to leave the drummer in the picture and the guitarist (Vince Melourney of Billy and the Aztecs) off??
July 14, 2008 05:01PM
I think by the time that Greatest Hits came out in '69, the guitarist left the band & the drummer remained a little while longer, from what I remember from reading the liner notes to the Idea album.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login