Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

alan vega

alan vega
February 21, 2008 12:32PM
Help!

I've been searching for Alan Vega's first album, Collision Drive, and Saturn Strip. I can't find them anywhere. His tunes haven't left my head since 1991 when I had them on vinyl. Where can I get the CDs? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: alan vega
February 21, 2008 01:34PM
On the Links page on this site, there is a link to a site called New Wave Outpost (under miscellaneous). I know they used to record & make available CDs (for a nominal donation - I think $10 to handle the recording & postage) of 80s stuff not yet available in digital form. They would pull them from the list if and when they became commercially available.

I don't know if they still do this or not. But several years ago I got copies of Henry Badowski's Life Is a Grand, Fingerprintz' Beat Noir, Trees Sleep Convention, both Wazmo Nariz albums and both Polyrock albums. They did a nice job - printed out the covers & threw in non-album b-sides, etc.

So that might be worth a try. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure that they still do it, but they might.

Actually, I just checked and if this page is current they still do. Saturn Strip is on the list, but the first album isn't. But you can always ask - they may not have updated the list recently:

[www.nwoutpost.com]

Post Edited (02-21-08 09:37)
February 21, 2008 03:12PM
You should definitely contact them first...I see several albums on the list that have been issued on CD in the past couple of years.
February 21, 2008 03:32PM
Yeah, they definitely haven't updated it lately to take off the officially released stuff - Rank & File, Polyrock, Our Daughter's Wedding & Warren Zevon THE ENVOY have all seen the light of day on disc recently.

So I hope they're still around and this isn't just a dead website sitting out there.
February 21, 2008 04:07PM
Me too - I'd like to get that David Werner record they have listed.
February 21, 2008 04:50PM
Looks like the message board is still pretty active with recent activity, so I assume any email inquiries about discs will be answered.

Like I said, from my personal experience I can vouch for them. That was I think about four years ago or so, but they had a quick response time and everything was cool.

Hell, I think I'm going to go ahead and check to see if they're still around myself, and if so, order the Slow Children albums and see if by chance they've gotten around to digitizing THIRTY THOUSAND FEET OVER CHINA and SANCTUARY by the Passions yet.

Post Edited (02-21-08 17:45)
New Wave Outpost
February 22, 2008 04:18PM
It sure is an interesting batch of stuff they've got here. If nothing else, it's fun to look at the list and be reminded of bands I have not thought of for two decades, like Taxxi and EBN/OZN. And who knew that Sue Saad and the Next album I've got hanging up on my wall for the goofy cover might actually be in demand?
February 21, 2008 10:12PM
Jeez, I used to play those Passions albums a lot. I've always wondered why it's so hard to find stuff by them on CD.
February 21, 2008 11:30PM
Thanks guys!
February 21, 2008 11:59PM
Saturn Strip appears to be pretty available and quite affordable on Amazon as a two for one CD with Just A Million Dreams. You can also get either one on iTunes even cheaper if you so choose.

On the other hand, one copy of Jukebox Babe and Collision Drive (on a two for one CD again) is currently fetching for $72.00 plus $15.00 shipping on ebay. Glad I got my copy when it was released or reissued a little while back. Perhaps the New Wave Outpost suggestion might be better for this one.

Also, from Vega's website:

Later in the year will see a Blast First/ Mute Records double CD Retrospective CD covering Alan's entire solo career plus all his solo albums to date will be made available via Blast First / Mute download. More details and a official release date soon.

February 22, 2008 02:35AM
That's right Shizzle. On Ebay, Jukebox Babe/Collision Drive is selling for $72. His retrospective is long overdue.

I'll be watching Blast First in the meantime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login