QUESTION ABOUT LOCAL BAND POSTINGS
January 25, 2008 12:55PM
So, can we link to bands we're a part of, were a part of, have relatives in for people here to check out? I'd hate to break some sort of unwritten rule about plugging my brother's Cheap Trick/Sparks/XTC-esque band.
Re: QUESTION ABOUT LOCAL BAND POSTINGS
January 25, 2008 02:07PM
If there's anywhere in the world that would welcome news about a band such as you describe, I would think it would be here. Plug away, blasmo.
January 25, 2008 03:31PM
I would love to hear the music the people on this BB make (or other unknowns that they like). I'm all for it.

Post Edited (01-25-08 11:32)
January 25, 2008 04:40PM
Many thanks. Here goes:

[www.candyguns.net]

As stated, they sound like "...Morrissey takes Cheap Trick out to dinner and XTC, Robyn Hitchcock, and Elvis Costello are the waiters."

They also have a MySpace page:

[www.myspace.com]

My brother's the drummer/singer/writer. His name's Jerry. Mine's David. We've been members of the central Oklahoma music scene for a while, but I'm semi-retired (too busy, too tired), and he's sick of having to find clubs that will allow them to play this sort of stuff without having to insert the usual Top 40 songs to get gigs. Flaming Lips to the contrary, the Oklahoma music scene is not an easy one to make a living in, any more.

Hope you enjoy 'em.
January 25, 2008 05:09PM
Nice version of "Thank God It's Not Christmas." Anyone who covers that song is my kind of people.

Thanks for posting.
January 26, 2008 11:08PM
They sound great.
My band is, sadly enough, gone.
3 weeks ago our rehearsal/equipment strorage space was cleaned out by some ne'er do wells who exist way below the scum level in Orlando FL. Not only did they take all our equipment but also fucked a lot of my friends on the struggling rock musician road who knew they could borrow any of our gear when they hit town and might be down an amp or mic or guitar or ..........sometimes the difference between having enough to actually do the gig.

I hope they scored enough money by pawning (among others) a '62 Telecaster given to me by the mom of my bloodbrother a day after he OD'ed and a Sunn Studio Lead (tube) amp that hummed my newborn daughter to sleep one fateful night in a hotel room 7 years ago. I hope when they were removing everything that would be able to trace back to the owner, they read the note taped to the inside of the guitar case from my mom that she slipped in at the height of my drug addiction and has been the daily reminder that has kept me clean for 17 years and maybe they will gain the same inspiration and strenght I did.

This just happened at the wrong time for this band. We could replace everything, but when you are in your 40s with a family and a job, the distance becomes too great. Tonight will be the first gig we ever missed.

Sorry for the whine job but looking at that MySpace page just made everything more real............
January 27, 2008 02:51AM
Don't be sorry madisdadi, it's OK. I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you. It's a friggin shame that something like that had to happen. I hope that you get your stuff back & the A-holes who did it get caught. Have the local pawn shops/music stores been notified?
January 27, 2008 05:00AM
does steve jones have an alibi?
January 27, 2008 11:24PM
madisdadi, I don't even know what to say but that you have my sympathy. Diskojoe summed it up well.
January 28, 2008 12:20AM
steve jones wore the coolest tshirt ever on any billgrundy show ever.

He doesn't need an alibi.

ever never ever

Post Edited (01-27-08 20:21)
January 29, 2008 01:26PM
Really sorry about this. Hope the band eventually finds a way to come back from this disaster.
January 27, 2008 11:23PM
Blasmo, thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.
January 29, 2008 06:07AM
These folks are friends of mine, sometimes listening to their CD I think, Lambchop, but that's several years worth of material apparently and I'm told the new stuff is different.

[profile.myspace.com]

Madisdadi - that's truly horrible, I've had equipment stolen in the past, but not everything. My heart goes out to you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login