Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

movies I'd remake

movies I'd remake
July 13, 2008 04:47PM
Despite the mounting protests against remakes, sometimes a movie is so old it needs an update. The Fly is a good example. I loved both the original and the remake.

I'd like to remake The Amazing Colossal Man. It was repeatedly shown back in the days of Saturday Afternoon Horror / Sci-Fi double features. Scenes of the loinclothed giant throwing palm trees at pedestrians and peeping at naked ladies are unforgettable. I enjoyed the 50s production of the Col. Glen Manning tragi-comedy, and feel a decent reworking is in order. My favorite line in the pic: "In high school, I was voted most likely to reach the top - HA HA HA COUGH COUGH UUGHHH!!" Now, that's a keeper.
Re: movies I'd remake
July 13, 2008 11:20PM
the dawn of the dead remake was great! now i'd like to see a day of the dead remake...

with me playing 'bub'!!!

July 14, 2008 02:00AM
CARNIVAL OF SOULS
July 14, 2008 02:20AM
I can already sense M Night Shamalamadingdong itching to get his fingers on it.
July 14, 2008 04:11AM
1. the cable guy- id make it less of a comedy without jim carreys antics and make it more of a dark kind of movie about someone who needs friendship
2 walk the line- would add on cashs comeback album period late in his life.
the rick rubin period. would have a scene with nick lowe in it as well
July 14, 2008 03:34PM
At the other end of the size spectrum, Brett Ratner is remaking "The Incredible Shrinking Man'.

July 14, 2008 04:54PM
You'd think after the X-Men 3 debacle he wouldn't be allowed to touch a director's chair again.
July 14, 2008 07:08PM
"The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini." I would change the plot so that Eric Von Zipper is more of a main protagonist and would have Johnny Depp play Von Zipper. Morrissey would be in it too...perhaps in the Boris Karloff role.
July 14, 2008 11:02PM
rebelwithoutaclue wrote: "walk the line- would add on cashs comeback album period late in his life. the rick rubin period."

This is an excellent observation.

Upon seeing Walk The Line, the inclusion of Cash's latter-day resurgence with Rubin was the one thing that I thought was missing from that film. Although his late period material could never be compared to his early trailblazing efforts, those later albums were far too important to his career to be ignored. I'd be willing to bet that there is a good percentage of Johnny Cash fans out there today who were first turned on to his music after hearing his version of Hurt. In fact, those Rubin produced albums are as responsible for the interest in that movie as anything else.

However, I know I'm seeing this way more from a music fan's perspective than that of a movie maker's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login