ira
FAN MAIL FROM FLOUNDERS
February 02, 2004 03:06AM
Martin writes:

That is the biggest pile of shite i have ever heard spoken about Numan's music. You obviously have very minute brains and can not relate to decent music.
Numan is obviously by far more inteligent than you could possibly ever be. That's why you can't understand or see where he is coming from.
His voice is unique and he doesnt try to or sound like anyone else, let alone that tuneless fucker from Talking Heads.
So go and stick your discography up your arse you HALF WIT.
Re: FAN MAIL FROM FLOUNDERS
February 02, 2004 01:46PM
I'm a Gary Numan fan and even I'm amused. Props to Ira for reposting rather than repressing! Let's hope Martin is not a fan of Sue Saad and the Next or I'll be in trouble too.

Post Edited (02-02-04 09:47)
February 02, 2004 08:52PM
What's with the Sue Saad reference, Markymark?!? You gotta problem with her?

Actually, I have a Sue Saad and the Next album cover hanging up on my Wall of Shame in my basement. I cannot remember if I ever even listened to it before I put the nail through and hung it on the wall.
February 03, 2004 12:11AM
Pleased to read that somebody else out there has a SSATN record. I picked it up at a Salvation Army for a dollar because of the, er..... bitchin' album cover, but have never made it to side 2, and in fact haven't listened to it since the day I bought it. And yet I hold onto it because of that cover! Specifically, though, I was referring to my negative review of them in the "Bands that should be covered" section below. Maybe I'll just chuck the vinyl and put the cover on the wall like you did.

Post Edited (02-02-04 20:17)
February 07, 2004 01:47PM
Thought Gary Numan's best days were his first 3 albums.He should have become a full time pilot after Pleasure Principle.I LOVE Replicas!
Gary's albums
February 10, 2004 02:56AM
I kind of agree with your assessment of Gary's best stuff, although I would expand it to include "Telekon" and "Dance". I also think that "I, Assassin" is pretty decent. After that, I think he began faltering somewhat. He still had his moments, though. I think he regained something when he released "Pure" in 2000. Check it out.

Incidentally, "Replicas" was the very first album I purchased on my own. Fantastic!

Post Edited (02-09-04 22:57)
Gary Numan
February 10, 2004 02:36AM
I, too, am a Gary Numan fan. I must say that it's great to see that there are others who share my interest in his music. Mr. Numan opened the door for me to get into the music usually reveiwed in the pages of Trouser Press. For that alone, I'll always hold him in high esteem. Growing up as a fan of his was kind of lonely because no one could remember who he was, and those that thought they did usually confused him with Randy Newman. One thing I've learned about him over the years is that he is usually his harshest critic. And one thing I've always known (as a music fan) is that not everyone agrees with my opinions. Ya know, a differing opinion never affects my enjoyment of a particular artist. I don't always see eye to eye with the reviews in the various Trouser Press Record Guides, but thanks for puttin' 'em out. I'm sorry to see that people can allow a review to rile them so, but I guess that means you're doing a good job.

Gary rules!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login