Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Where are they all now?
Author: Delvin 
Date:   11-08-17 15:03

I looked at what appears to be the first entry on this forum. Looking through the thread from top to bottom, it's astounding how many of TP.com's earliest subscribers/members have sort of fallen by the wayside. I counted over 100 entries on that thread, and scrolling down through them, I saw no more than ten user names that still show up on the board with any regularity. Most of them, I don't remember ever seeing posting on any thread I was active in.

http://trouserpress.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1&t=22#reply_1

Reply To This Message

Re: Where are they all now?
Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   11-08-17 16:07

Eureka - song thread.

Where Have All The Cowboys Gone
Where Have All the Flowers Gone
Who Knows Where the Time Goes

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   11-08-17 16:23

Of those names that still turn up regularly here, some are less regular than they used to be - Erik's not been seen around these parts for over a year now. I didn't realize it had been that long, I guess because I stay in touch with him on Facebook and hadn't really noticed he'd made himself scarce from this board. Maybe we should've bumped the Standells on the Munsters thread back to the top more often to keep him engaged.

It's funny to see someone posted on that thread who I know in real life but who I never knew ever lurked on this board - apop is a guy who until a year or so ago owned a record store in St. Louis which specialized in noise artists, which is the very genre he was agitating for more coverage of here 15 years ago.

He did always have multiple copies of the TP Guide on a coffee table in his store. Not that they did his customers all that much good, since he specialized in noise and, as he points out in the thread Delvin links to, TP's coverage of that has been limited.

Post Edited (11-08-17 16:32)

Reply To This Message

Author: MrFab 
Date:   11-08-17 16:40

Quote:

Erik's not been seen around these parts for over a year now

You gotta be kidding?!

Yeah, i guess Facebook and the like is where so many have migrated to. Since I have none of that stuff, here i remain.

'Twas cool when R Stevie Moore dropped by.

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   11-08-17 17:01

And Jim Basnight of the Moberlys popped by, after which STEVE tore us a collective new asshole for not being more welcoming of him.

Buddy Love used to drop by on occasion, too.

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   11-08-17 17:27

> ... after which STEVE tore us a collective new asshole ...

And lo, another band name is born. (Or torn.)

Reply To This Message

Author: Heff 
Date:   11-09-17 12:46

MrFab wrote:

>
> 'Twas cool when R Stevie Moore dropped by.

Other TP celebrities that I remember were Doug Khazzam (Buddy Love) and Lane Steinberg (Noel Coward's Ghost)

Reply To This Message

Author: Aitch 
Date:   11-09-17 18:13

I miss STEVE teasing Shizzle.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org